You Kiss Your Mother With That Mouth?

SAN DIEGO IS THE SUNNIEST PLACE, that she had ever been too, she knew that the sun didn't change just because of going to a different state, she liked to believe it though. The sun here felt. warmer and seemed brighter compared to the windy city, and it was more open and felt like she could actually breathe, one of the only other few things that she liked when coming back to the beachside area.

It took everything in her to not turn around at the terminal when she arrived at the airport. Her whole family was there, with the exception of V and Kev. They all wished her luck on her flight and when she turned around she could have swore she can hear one of her siblings crying for her. She thinks it must of been Liam or Kevin. Brandy always got different reactions to her departures, sometimes happiness from either of them or a full on sob, either of them made her want to stay behind. She knew better though that she was needed, this what she wanted to do and she was gonna do it. 

"This is it." Brandy tells her driver, as they pull up in front a white brick apartment building. She steps out of the car, her backpack in her hand as she swings it over her shoulder. She tips the driver before she grabs her suitcase from the trunk, closing it with one hand waving off the car as she stand in front of the building. 

She sighs walking to the front office. Her suitcase rolling on the sidewalk as she stands in front of window, painted Office, she hits the bell on the counter. She can hear the faint sound of someone grumbling as they walk into the small boxed room. An older man with grey hair and a beer gut wearing a sox shirt looks to her before cackling. 

"Holy shit! look what the cat dragged in!" He exclaim's in surprise.  "Long time no see Gallagher!" He shouts, she smirks at his excitement. 

"Good to see you too, Lenny." Brand greets the older man. He clips his glasses together as he walks to the window.  "What's bring you back here?" He ask's her.  

"Stuff, I'm not allowed to discuss with you." Brandy informs him, his jaw drops agape nodding his head.

"I get it secret navy business, I have your room all nice and ready for you." Lenny wink's to her. 

"What do I owe you for it, I'm not sure how long i'm gonna be here for, I can venmo you the money after I get back to Chicago."  Brandy wonders, he shakes his head at her offer. 

"No right now kid you can stay for free, you can pay me in a pack of Marlboro lights. " Lenny say's to her, she raised a brow. 

"Seriously, your weighing in around seventy and your still smoking like a teenager, you know this shit will kill you."She informs the older man. Even though she was kind of a hypocrite having participated in smoking cigarettes. She quit after the first drag she had, it made her throw up her lunch when she was only fourteen. 

"Hey if the smoking doesn't kill me, the diabetes will." Lenny remarks in his scraggly voice, she sighs feeling the weight from the jet lag on her shoulders.