Chapter 6 - Day 6

Harry is not exactly sure when sharing a bed with Louis became the new normal. It just seems to have started happening and Lord knows how they've managed to stay comfortably on the bed the whole night. It's barely intended to fit one person, let alone two.

Harry can feel Louis waking up as he shifts backwards and further into Harry's arms that are wrapped around his waist.

"Morning," Harry mumbles into the back of his neck, Louis' hair brushing his nose.

"Hi," Louis responds sleepily, his raspy voice sending Harry spiralling. He really likes Louis' morning voice. "What time is it?"

"Nearly half eight," Harry responds. "Breakfast lasts longer though, because we don't have any sessions planned today."

"I need to get up," Louis groans, dragging himself off the bed, out of Harry's arms.

"Why?" He asks, not intending for it to come out so desperate, but it does. He doesn't want either of them to move. He doesn't want the day to start because it means this has to end. It might never happen again.

"I told Liam I'd go to the gym with him before lunch, and you know how he is with getting up in the morning." He says, rolling his eyes.

"Ah yeah, he thinks half seven counts as sleeping in."

"Yep," Louis says tightly, stretching his arms up high and then pulling his suitcase out from under the bunk bed.

He starts getting dressed in front of Harry, and it's weird how comfortable they are around each other now. He knows he's seen everything he could of Louis so it's not a surprise or anything, but that's in a different context. Harry still looks away to give him some privacy, but it's not like he's making a point not to look. That would probably just make things awkward. Oh, how times have changed over the past few days.

"You doing anything today?" Louis says, pulling a shirt out from his suitcase.

"I don't know yet, guess I'll see where the day takes me."

"So poetic," Louis says, and it almost seems... affectionate? He dares not say endeared, though he can't find a better word to describe it.

There's no shift in tension or passive aggression this morning. But the passing of days is making Harry wonder about what's to come. He can't be at fault for at least thinking about it, can he? It's just that he isn't sure where they're meant to go from here. They can't undo what has been done but he has no idea how to approach it once they leave. Are they meant to just go back to their old ways? Will they continue this in secret on random occasions and carry on hating each other in public? Do they plan it? He doesn't want to ask Louis, he doubts that he'll all of a sudden be willing to have an open and honest conversation about this out of nowhere. He decides to stay quiet, hoping it will all sort itself out in its own time.

The morning remains quite relaxed, Harry making his way down to breakfast and, naturally, Louis leaving after a couple more minutes. He munches on some cereal as he catches up with Zayn, the way he's been spending most, if not every morning.

They both agree to attend the yoga session being held after lunch, Harry being eager to just... release. It's been a hectic few days. Also, Zayn says he's been trying to work on his balance and that this would be great practice, so it's an easy decision.

The rest of the morning is spent on the chairs looking out over the field with Zayn, which he refers to as a 'romantic couples activity' and Harry playfully knocks his foot into Zayn's shin with a giggle. It's not his fault Zayn never learned to embrace nature.

***

Yoga is everything Harry needs right now and more. The lights are low, the mat is soft and the air has a subtle, refreshing chill to it. His body is burning in the best way and this week's sessions seem to have really made a difference on his physical strength, so he's finding it easier than he usually would. He's over the moon with the progress he's made throughout this trip.