Chapter 1. Hell and Back

Gabriel watched as Sam slowly slipped into depression. The moose was beginning to lose hope that his brother would return. Dean also, was beginning to lose hope that he would return.

"I will pull him out of there." announced Castiel as he walked into his older sisters office, Naomi. She lifted her head to face him, a hint of disapproval evident on her face. But she did not try to stop him. So he left.

The underworld was as bad as Castiel expected. The ground sizzled and popped under the fire that rest atop it. Scream's could be heard from every direction, loud, terrified, agonizing screams.

Invincible he flew until he found what he was looking for. Dean. The hunter was now the hunted and more. He was broken. Beaten. Bloodied. He wasn't himself. The very sight of him was worrying. Even for an emotionless angel. So down Castiel went until his hand touched Deans arm. He gripped onto him tightly and pulled him up from the flames and through the thick layers of earth.

Castiel let go, gently placing Dean onto the cool grass. Dean looked around frantically for his savior but saw no one. So he stood and looked over his arms and was surprised to so no bruises or scars. His legs were also healed. Though he was curious as to how this happened, he just wanted to see Sammy, he wanted to eat and get some sleep. So he walked.

"Sam will be glad to see he's alright now..." Gabriel smiled softly as Castiel appeared beside him. He nudged castiel's shoulder and laughed when his little brother ggave him a confused look. Thing's should be fine now... That's what Castiel thought.