Prologue : A Path to the Abyss

Punctuation keys:

(): notes, side notes

"": person(s) speaking, recite a person,

<>: thought,

**: actions, noises being heard,

'': words used ironically/in expressions (colloquial words).

Note: I intend to develop my story with a 'good' plot (Feel free to criticize!).

-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------

It's December, it's Friday and it's the last day of school for most people before the Christmas holidays. (Year in history: 2022)

Velkios (pov)

I'm walking to my apartment which is about 20 minutes from my high school, it's fucking cold with this wind, damn I can't wait to get there. I had just finished my last end of session exam which took me more than 3-4 hours and the last thing I wanted was more suffering from the cold. That being said, I arrived at my apartment rejoicing in the holidays to come and also the fact that I don't need to walk in this blood-chilling cold anymore. The first thing I did after dropping off my things was to look at my messages, because my father was supposed to pick me up soon or later (yes because I don't have a car I tried once and I didn't love, I can walk just fine anyway).

Messages:

My father to me : I'll be coming to pick you up in about thirty minutes, prepare your things while waiting, clean your room and make sure you don't forget anything.

Me to my father: Yeah ik, don't worry it's already quite clean, I'll make sure I don't forget anything, see you later. (end of post)

I finish preparing my things then while waiting for my father I played on my cellphone, (with the screen somewhat cracked) playing slime isekai memory. After some time I received a message from my father saying that he has arrived. So I took my stuff and put on my winter clothes and started to go down the stairs where the slightest false step would make you tumble down all the steps ending your life. Once outside I went where my father was parked <we can see that it's winter, barely 5h pm and it looks like it's already time to go to bed>. I put my stuff in the trunk of the car and sat in the front seat of the car next to my father, whom I hadn't seen for a few months (since I went to my apartment, in fact).

My father: "Hello my son, it's been a long time since we've seen, how it's been going these last few months? Have you made friends since fall?"

Me: "Yeah it's been a long time <a few months anyway>, I'm fine as usual even if it's cold outside... And no I still don't have any friends."<I imagine you already knew>.

I said that with a smile seeing my dad's disapproving face to the fact that I'm not able to make any friends <I've always been better off alone anyway and I don't know how to make conversation at all>.

My father: "if you would drive you wouldn't need to walk in the cold for 20min risking getting sick" *Always with a disapproving face*. Faced with his comment I just smiled and said nothing.

<I know>, we repeat this kind of conversation all the time, it just makes me smile (almost laugh) because of the repetitions, but driving makes me feel uncomfortable.

After talking a bit with my dad, my dad said he's going on a night out with my mom tonight and that my brother finished his school day early as it was just activities and my sister is coming home from at our aunt's, she had gone to do activities for 2-3 months apparently. <Thats right she dropped out of school it was too much shit for her, she wanted to go to adults school next year. Afterwards, she does what she wants>. On the way we went to McDonald's (for me) then the rest of the trip was done in silence until we arrived.