prologue.

Smiling above the night clouds, holding each other's hands, enjoying the view, and finally shredding tears– looking terrible.

"I wish we're guys."

Kuina looked at Yanna, "I sincerely hope so, as you are the only person who can defeat me at this point in time. I've always wanted to compete with you in everything." as she finished her sentence.

"Promise me, we'll show them what we are capable of." Yanna glanced at her best friend.

They were laughing.

Up until they heard someone shouting.

"You'll have to go through me first!" The two young aspiring girls looked behind them and saw a green haired guy staring at them with fire in his eyes.

Yanna stood up while fixing her clothes, "Oh yeah, Zoro? Can you do anything? Throw your bamboo stick at us while spinning around?" Kuina laughed at Yanna's statement.

"That's one hell of a bullying, Yanna!" Kuina said as she laughs.

Zoro response furiously, "I'll beat you, Kuina, especially you! Yanna! You won't get away with this." He ran off.

Kuina and Yanna shared their last laugh together looking at each other.

——————————

"Yanna, Kuina's dead..."

After Kuina passed away, Yanna grew more aloof from everyone. She concentrates on thinking of herself as the best swordswoman. She is finally able to use two swords at once, throw small knives and darts towards a target, and perform martial arts, so she doesn't even care what people think of her.

Yanna became so preoccupied with being strong that she failed to notice how anxious her adoptive father was.

Her father advised her, "Yanna, I am concerned about your health. You can rest at least once, for now, focus on what's good."

Yanna lowered her gaze while still holding her two swords, questioning herself why. Still, no tears had yet to fall.

"I am sure she doesn't want this to happen. You are her best friend, her partner in crime, her idol," her father said while secretly crying in front of her.

Yanna stood frozen.

Idol?

Her adoptive father shivers looking at his own daughter falling apart, "It'll be alright Yanna, it'll be alright." he said.

They continued to be in that position for a while, but the moss-haired boy was constantly crying as he heard Yanna's breakdowns, screams, and suffering.

He made a promise to himself that he would improve to the level of Yanna and would show to Kuina his superior swordsmanship.

Time passed.

Yanna stood at Kuina's grave, offering some flowers for her.

"I missed you, stupid."

Out of 7,589 matches at Dojo, Yanna hasn't lose a single match.

She is unquestionably strong with a sword—not even her best friend, who was also reputed to be the best student, could defeat her. The same is true of her biggest foe, Roronoa Zoro.

She had been honing her knife and dart throwing techniques because she thought it would be a useful move in a fight.

As the years went by, Zoro and Yanna developed into the Dojo's fiercest rivals. Now that they are adults, they have made the decision to search for pirates in order to lead an interesting life. The moss-haired man noticed that Yanna had become quieter than before and reasoned that she wouldn't alter if Kuina's here by her side.