Savior - Part 2

[Savior – Part 2]

Kiera Reyes thought back very briefly of the talk of kidnapping and getting lost that her husband had joked about during the farewell back at the airport, and cursed at him mentally as she drew the trembling boy tighter into her embrace, doing her best to cover his ears from the loud gunshots and sounds of fights that were occurring outside the car.

The journey from the airport back to the mansion of the Greaves-Crawford household was supposed to be safe and smooth since Keyron had been the one who had arranged it personally, but it was quickly becoming clear that the fault had not been her husband's. The men he had arranged to escort the two of them back to the mansion were efficient and loyal to the task that had been made of them –to the extent that they were readily laying down their lives just for the protection of the Young Master.

The only problem was that Keyron could not possibly have expected the number of people that had been deployed in an attempt to capture the Young Master.

Kiera could not help but flinch when she saw another bodyguard that had come along with them get cut down not far away from the car. It was an extreme mess of blood and gore outside the car, and Kiera's worry only increased when she watched the men on her side struggle in the fight. The men that Keyron had arranged were skilled and knew exactly what they were doing, but the fact of the situation was that there was simply outnumbered, outgunned and surrounded.

"A-Aunt K-K-Kiera?" Kyren whispered, having felt her unconscious flinch, and she tore her eyes away from the scene outside the window down to the little boy tucked against her chest at her side. They had been made to stay in the car because it was completely bulletproof, but now that the group of attackers were closing in and surrounding the car, Kiera silently wished that she could just throw open the door, hide Kyren as best as she could, and go running into the forest that banked the road. It was a terrible plan, but Kiera was desperate and not prepared. Because her husband and sons had been trained to do the protecting, Kiera had only learnt very basic self-defense skills from Keyron. She was prepared to do whatever she could to protect her young master, but she was very aware that she could not possibly hold back so many attackers from getting to the young one.

Still, Kiera needed to remain calm. She forced herself to not tremble when she closed her fingers over the gun that the driver had left on his seat for their self-protection in any worst case scenario. Keyron had taught her the basics of how to use a gun; Kiera thumbed the safety off and wrapped cold fingers around the handle, forefinger ready on the trigger.

"No worries, Young Master. I will protect you." She assured with more confidence that she actually felt. "Remember what your mother said? Be obedient, be brave and stay close to me."

"O-Okay."

"If I tell you to run, you must run into the forest. We are going to play hide-and-seek so don't let anyone find you except for me, your parents or Keyron."

There was an undeniable chance that Kiera might pass on from this world on this day, but she was determined to ensure that the young master would be protected if she could exchange her life for his safety.

The next minute passed in tense silence that was punctured by loud gunshots and sounds of violent fights. Screams and yells came from all around the car, and Kiera kept very careful eyes in all direction for anyone unfamiliar creeping too close to the car.

"Is Keyron going to come?" Kyren asked softly, fingers clutched tightly on Kiera's jacket. "He said he would know when Kyren is in trouble."

"I'm sure he knows and is on his way here immediately. We just have to wait patiently for him." Kiera lied. There was no doubt that Keyron had been contacted, but there was absolutely nothing that her husband could do while he was currently thousands of miles away from where they were and in an airplane. She only prayed that he had gotten hold of enough reinforcements who could come to back her up before things got too dangerous for the young master.