6: "...scraping the sky with your fingertips."

Angel didn't live too far from our school. Turns out he was only two train stops away. As nervous as I was I knew nothing serious was gonna happen. I didn't expect us to hook up, I didn't expect us to even kiss. I'm going to make sure that doesn't happen. I still was in shock at him coming out like that. I didn't even imagine him being bi, I always assumed straight because of his girlfriend! I guess that really means I should work on that huh? Did I really just unintentionally bi-erase? Maybe I am the problem.

I could feel my heartbeat in my ear as we stepped out of the subway and made our way towards his house. We passed a few small grocery stores with their fruits and vegetables on display. The park right across the street was packed with children who were all playing there after school. We turned the corner he pointed at his place. It was a house next to a small apartment complex. They had a small front yard that had dying flowers. He led us to the front door and pulled it open and I entered. We went straight to his room and threw our bags in the corner.

"Sorry my mom isn't here, she had to work late today." Angel walked to his tv and turned it on.

"It's fine, I can always meet her another time." I watched him search for something. My eyes caught his PlayStation remote and I picked it up and turned it on. "Looking for this?"

"Yeah." He giggled while taking the remote from my hand. "Want to watch something? Or listen to some music?"

"How about studying?" I grinned at him.

"Music and studying got it."

Angel turned on some music and we grabbed our bags pulling out our global books. Sam Smith's smooth voice in the back really relaxed us and pushed us into our studies. We were on early grease and two weeks in we can smell a quiz coming soon. I don't think five minutes went by without Angel asking me a question. Most of them weren't even about the lesson. Midway we took a break and grabbed some snacks from his kitchen.

"I hope it's cool if Jen stops by. She usually drops by my place after her volleyball practice."

"Is she on the school team?"

"No, it's just her and her friends. In the springtime when volleyball tryouts take place, she's definitely signing up."

"I suck at sports."

"Noooo," He said sarcastically. "I would've never guessed."

"Shut up." I laughed. "Can I ask you something?"

"Ask away."

"How come you never texted me back?" I never promised I wouldn't ask him that.

"Huh?" He looked confused. "I never got a text from you."

"I texted the number you gave me." I pulled out my phone and showed him it.

"Oh my god," He slapped his forehead. "I'm sorry, I hit the stupid eight instead of the zero." He quickly fixed it. "Next time you text I promise you I'll be responding." He smirked, handing me back my phone.

We made our way back up to his room and Oh Wonder played, filling his room with a soft melody. His LED light illuminated his white curtains which were blowing in the wind. The sun was setting in the back and the sky had a beautiful purple and orange hue. I shivered at the cool breeze and he shut the window. I stepped up to his window and peeped out. The trees in front of his house were hiding a perfect view of the Manhattan skyline. It was the first time I was in awe of a New York sunset.

"Isn't it beautiful? Angel slowly opened his curtains and his huge windows let in the orange glow. "I love opening my blinds around sunset time like this."

"It's relaxing." I smiled.

"It makes me feel like I could touch the clouds." He pointed at a fluffy one-off in the distance. "Just imagine scraping the sky with your fingertips."