An Odd Favor

POV AIZAWA

The last time I saw All For One was three days ago when he broke out of prison and into my house. He was planning to drag my Tenko back into the sick twisted castle of fear he'd been raising him in for the past two decades, give or take. I overexerted myself, balancing my quirk with my hand-to-hand combat when I was already so physically and mentally drained. Right now, if I didn't have backup, I probably would've been defeated in a matter of seconds.

But I do have backup. Dabi to my left, Compress to my right, charging down the hallway to Tenko's room where I'm praying my student is still alive and at least semi-well. Dabi heats his hand and throws the door open, revealing the gruesome sight. Uraraka laying lifelessly with a knife plunged into her temple.

Not just any knife. Himiko's knife. The one she had used to stab All For One three days ago, right before she was shot. All For One had taken it and used it to kill Uraraka like the sick bastard that he is.

Dabi must've noticed the knife, too, because he hesitates. His feet lock in place, and his hands and shoulders erupt with blue flames. Compress is the only one that makes a move, tossing a marble out in AFO's direction. As he dodges, I activate my quirk, hoping to decrease the amount of damage he can do.

I don't think about Uraraka right now. I don't even look at her. Physically, I can't, or else I'll shut down and lose this fight. If I lose, we die. And dying is not an option anymore.

"Gentlemen, please," All For One chuckles. "No need for the hostility."

"Hostility is a bit too sugarcoated," Dabi snaps, tripling the heat of his flames. "I'm going to torture you in ways that would make the devil fucking vomit, you disgusting motherfucker."

"Oh, do be careful with those ugly flames of yours, son. You don't want to burn down a third house, do you? First your childhood home, and then Eraserhead's place? You walk around parading your righteous cause and tragic backstory, but you're leaving out many important details. You tried to murder your younger sibling when you were eight years old. It's your fault that your father was never proud of you, Touya-kun. You're a monster that destroys everything in his path."

"Don't listen to him, Dabi," Compress mutters. "He's stalling for time, planning something probably."

All For One shrugs. "Am I? You give me much more credit that I deserve, Atsuhiro. I'm not waiting on anything. I just wanted to chat before I squash the pathetic remnants of you worthless creatures I used to call allies. Tell me, Atsuhiro, what would your great-great grandfather, the infamous Fearless Thief, think of you now? You came from an impressive family with a flawless lineage of top-tier criminals. Aren't you the least embarrassed that you turned out to be nothing more than a burnt out theater kid?"

Compress doesn't say anything, and I have to say, I've never seen him so silent. He's a gossip, a taunter, a big talker. He's theatrical and confident and eccentric. He was built for the spotlight, and here he is beside me, forcing himself not to cower in the presence of this monster.

"And you," All For One says, his voice dropping from a passive-aggressive swing to a threatening growl. "You, Aizawa Shouta, have cause me so much trouble, do you know that? You took my son from me! You corrupted him with your altered sense of justice! You heroes aren't anything beyond flashing lights and shiny material for glossy billboards! You are a fraud!"

"You talk too much," is my half-hearted response.

All For One laughs, almost hysterically. "You know who else talked too much?!" He grabs Uraraka's lifeless body by the hair, his fingernails digging into the drying blood on her scalp. "This stupid little bitch! She kept screaming and crying and begging for you to come save her, Aizawa-sensei! She said she was afraid to die, that she still needed to apologize to Mina and Kyouka and on and on and on! God, the bitch just wouldn't shut up!"