XVI: SOLITARY CONFINEMENT

i hate you be that person (i actually DONT hate to be that person) but can you guys follow my tiktok pls bc i think i'm shadowbanned😞😞 also i changed hana's face claim to chicha amatayakul

Chishiya and Hana walked over to the table, placing the collars provided around their necks. No turning back now. Hana stared at Chishiya. He felt her eyes burning into him, but didn't say anything.

When they got up the stairs, Chishiya walked away, looking around to try and find out what the game was. Hana stayed where she was, leaning against the wall and observing the other players. Most looked scared, except one girl in a blue dress and mary jane shoes. She looked excited. There was always at least one sicko.

"You'll never believe what I just heard," Chishiya said, making his way back over to Hana.

"Stay clear of that one," Hana said, pointing to blue dress girl.

"Why? You afraid I'll leave you for her? I would never-"

"No, she's just acting like a fucking weirdo. She seems too excited. Besides, you'd have to have me to leave me."

"Do I not have you?"

Hana shrugged, looking back at the states to see another contestant wearing a blue shirt walking up. He was weird. Not blue dress weird, he didn't seem excited, but he certainly didn't seem scared.

The PA chimed. "Difficulty level, Jack of Hearts. Game, Solitary Confinement. Rules. Guess the card suit that appears on the back of your collar. However, you may not look at the symbol yourself. The time limit is one hour per round. In the final five minutes, enter your cell and disclose your symbol. If you do not answer with the correct symbol, it is game over. The collar will explode, and you will die. Additionally, when the time limit reaches zero, the symbol in the collar will reset and change for each round."

"Wait a sec. So that means we just have to ask each other what our symbols are," one guy said, "That's easy, huh?"

"I'm not so sure," Chishiya said, "They haven't told us what the conditions to win are yet."

"The Solitary Confinement game is about how much you can trust your fellow players. Be aware that your opponent, the Jack of Hearts, has already been placed among you."

Hana began observing her opponents again, her eyes instantly landing on blue dress. While there was a strong possibility it could be her, Hana figured the Jack wouldn't make it so obvious.

"How to win. Rounds repeat every hour. You win the game when the Jack of Hearts dies. Prohibited actions. Looking at your symbol with a reflective surface is cheating. Players may not use weapons or violence to kill fellow players."

"This means that the only way this game will ever end is if the Jack gives the wrong answer," Chishiya said, "So basically, no one here is getting out alive, unless they lie to the Jack."

"There is no limit to the number of rounds. Enough food has been provided. While participating in this game, no days will be removed from your visas."

"So we need to start lying, find the Jack of Hearts, and kill them off, or we'll live out the rest of our days in this prison. Solitary for life."

"The game will now commence."

"It's better than being out there with the King of Spades," someone said.

"Is it?" Hana asked.

"You can roam freely until it is time to enter your cell."

Two men began to team up, before they were stopped. "So, the twenty of us need to eliminate each other until we somehow figure out who the Jack of Hearts is," a rich looking man said, "What makes you think that anyone is trustworthy?"

Other people started teaming up, too. Chishiya and Hana nodded at each other. "I have an idea," blue dress said, "How about we get together and make teams to tell each other? So that way, nobody can lie."

"Good idea," a girl in a yellow shirt said, "Um, would you mind if I joined up with you?"

Soon, most people had joined blue dresses team. "Hey, wanna tell each other the answer?" The guy stood next to Chishiya and Hana asked, "I know you guys are already in a pair, but-"

"If you're trying to survive," Chishiya said, "I would examine all the people here a little more carefully. Make sure you keep the ones who don't lie close. For all you know, one of us could be the Jack. You see? They all started breaking off into groups. Everyone wants to know who's trustworthy and who's not. Take those two," he pointed at the rich looking man and a woman, "Before the game started, you wanna know what they were doing?"

"What?"

"That guy wants to control everything to does to exert power over her so that she can't interact with any of the other players. Which is smart, in the long run. If you've got someone you can trust that much, that's how you can win the game. I've got my trustworthy person."

"Have you?" Hana asked. Chishiya's facade faltered for a second, before he went back to smirking.

"You can be on our team," Hana told the guy, "He's just trying to be all mysterious." Hana watched as two guys below them teamed up, blue shirt and some emo guy. "I don't trust them," she told Chishiya.

"Good," he said, "You're not meant to trust anyone in this game."

Blue dress came walking up to them, her team following behind. "Hey," she said to the guy next to them, "Do you wanna join our team? No pressure or anything."

"It's not that I don't want to," the guy said, looking behind him at Chishiya and Hana.

"Okay," Chishiya said, "We'll join the group."

She learnt soon that blue dress' name was actually Urumi, and the guy who'd been stood next to them was Ippei. The emo guy was Matsushita. She wanted to learn blue shirt's name, but no one had said it yet.

Everyone told each other the correct symbols, and nobody died the first round. "Wow," Urumi said, coming out of her cell, "That was so easy."

"If people keep being honest, this won't end," Hana said.

"You'd rather people start killing each other?" Chishiya asked. Hana shrugged. Her honest answer would be yes. Not because she wanted to see people die, she didn't. It still made her cry to think about all of the death she'd seen. But, and although it seemed selfish, she couldn't spend the rest of her life in the game. She'd go crazy.

"I don't know. I can't stay here forever."

Chishiya held her hand. "We'll get out. I'm already examining everyone."

"Any idea who the Jack could be?"

"A few."