One

A story has no beginning or end; arbitrarily one chooses that moment of experience from which to look back or from which to look ahead. I just chose these bunches of moments to share with you.

It was love at first sight, or not so much love, more like a minor fondness. My new aqua blue HP Pavilion - 17z Touch Laptop was amazing, well the price was not so amazing, but I didn't buy it myself. My best friend, Jacob Laungy, bought it for me for my birthday.

He was really sweet for buying it for me, but I told him to take it back. He wouldn't though because he said 'It's for you, my best friend' and 'I need something to see you on while you are at college'.

I don't think I mentioned it, but I was going to college at The University of Lanaynks Idaho for comparative literature. Jacob and I were like brother and sister, and I don't mean that metaphorically.

He was the closest thing I had for family. My mom died two years ago, when I was fifteen, because of lung cancer. My dad died one month later in a car crash because he was driving drunk. Almost every night he would be drunk and crashing around the house, but that night he decided to drive to the store. I didn't have any siblings, and I sort of liked it.

"You ready?" Jacob snapped me out of my thoughts. I stared out the front of his car window and sighed. I didn't want to leave, not on my birthday, but that's when the college started.

"Yup." I turned to him and gave him a small smile to show I was nervous. He smiled at me sympathetically.

"You'll be fine. Make friends and have fun. But not too much fun without me." Right then he seemed like my dad before he died. Not knowing what I was doing, I leaned over the armrest in the middle of the car and gave Jacob a huge hug and whispered 'I love you'.

"What'cha ya doing?" He asked in a confused tone. I looked up to not see my dad and pulled away. "Well, the hug was great, but I didn't know you had f-" I cut him off.

"Yeah, sorry about that. You just sounded like my dad so I hugged you thinking it was my dad." I laughed awkwardly.

He just grinned and said "Ha, yeah. Sure you did. Nobody can resist this." He gestured to his whole body. I laughed and playfully shoved him. "And you didn't deny it either." His grin grew bigger.

"Ok, dude. I can and will resist... that," I gestured towards his body. "And I am going to go. I hope I'll see you soon." I smiled at him. He smiled back at me and I got out of his blue Camry and opened his backseat door then grabbed my suit case. I closed the door and walked away after smiling at him through the window.

I heard his car pull away. "I can do this." I whispered to myself. I walked onto the fancy looking sidewalk that wiggles through the grass. There were not so many students, but the ones there lingered about.

"Hi. I'm Annabeth, one of the student helpers. What building are you dorming in and what room?" A perky girl popped up from in front of me. She sort of just appeared there, or I wasn't paying attention, so I blinked my eyes to see if she was really there.

She actually happened to be there so I smiled awkwardly and said "Oh, uh, hi. My name's Castrinos, Ezmay Castrinos. I'm in fizlet. Room 2-9-4" I smiled at her bouncing my heels up and down.

"Do you happen to be the Ezmay Castrinos who wrote 'The Robot Girl'?" She sounded excited. I nodded to her. She then had a smile on her face as big as the Grinch's smile.

"That's so awesome!" She yelled. I smiled awkwardly at some of the people now staring at the two of us. "Can you sign my copy? Please!" She seemed so happy to meet me, so I nodded and smiled.

"Good. And here you go." She dropped keys into my hand. I suppose they were for my dorm. "And I will walk with you just so you know your way." I could tell, though, that she wanted to walk with me for more reasons than that.

We started walking down the path when she started talk in again. "Your roommate is a handful. You know that. You should have picked a different college, well, at least one that has one gender rooms. But," she giggled. "You got the worst person possible at a mixed gender dorm. His name is Ashton Alaya. He is such a man slut, you don't even know. But you got stuck with him. I pitty you." I could already tell she was a talker.

As we walked, the sun shone down on my head and I felt like I was going to faint. My brown hair was in a messy bun, I was wearing a light blue oversized tank top with jean shorts. My sneakers were also blue.

"We are here." She turned to building that looked like a four story mansion. "And you are on the third floor, the second room the left of the staircase. Good luck." She then skipped away.

I gripped the keys in my hand. "You can do this. Just deal with your roommate for the next year or so." I smiled to myself and walked into the building and went to the stairs.

I picked my suitcase up and started to lug it up the stairs. By the second floor, I was so tired I just wanted to lay down on the floor and fall asleep. I guess you could say I was lazy, because it was sort of true.

I pulled myself up the last set of stairs and went to the second room to the left of the staircase and stuck my keys into the door. I jiggled the lock for a few seconds and then opened the door.

When I opened the door, I gasped at the sight.

———

Hey everyone! How's it going? Was this chapter okay? That picture up at the top, that is Ezmay. I will post a picture of Ashton in the next chapter. Oh and the song at the top is called 'Tough Lover' it's in the movie Burlesque. Please comment, vote, and share. HAVE A GOOD DAY!

-Every paper girl needs at least one string. ~ John Green