Chapter Thirteen - Emergency.

[Host, do I remove the toxins? Or do you want to transform and gain new abilities? What will you choose?]

Mecha-cat floated beside me as I remained seated inside the bathtub. For a while, I didn't respond, and I just let the water from the shower rain down on me, letting the fire die down inside. The freezing body of liquid building up inside the bathtub submerged half of my torso. Despite shivering when the chilling water slowly seeped through my skin, invading my flesh and bones, I just bit my lip trying to endure the cold. 

With a raspy inaudible voice, I glanced at Ezra and asked, "If you remove the toxins, will it have any sorts of side effects?" 

[None, if we immediately remove it now, but if we prolong more, there will be symptoms showing up later on.]

"Like what?" I questioned in a calm tone. "Tell me all the possible things that could happen, I don't want to miss a single piece of information."

[Yes host.]

Right after that, the mecha-cat started telling me all about the outcomes that could happen in every scenario. We listed each probabilities one by one, and from there, I ruminated on the best possible solution for my situation.

In a logical manipulative way, I could use this new transformation to my advantage and benefit. The notion is quite tempting in all honesty. Not only could I become powerful physically, but also, I can utilise this to influence Minerva's emotions to settle down with me and Blythe for good.

This route is the easy way to achieve my dream of having a complete family, but will we be happy afterwards?

If I do go with this plan, there will be a messy aftermath for me to fix and that would even be more problematic. Even if I know I could use my body to entice Minerva, I don't want to do it. 

First, I don't want to trample on my dignity and pride, and second, doing so would only increase the lust and not our emotional bond with each other. We might feel ecstatic once we did do the deed, but what comes after is probably Minerva regretting it.

A short moment of joy is not what I want. What I desire is a long lasting one. Something permanent and that could survive through thick and thin. A warm family that my daughter could return to. 

In addition, the last thing I want is to force people to stay with me and Blythe for our happiness. I'm not that selfish. I know fully well that Minerva is probably here for other reasons; not for the sake of staying as a family. Because if the latter one was the reason, Minerva wouldn't go through so much calculative lengths just to hide her real identity.

For a short amount of time that I have been observing Minerva's actions, it has become pretty obvious that she isn't lingering around for the sake of family duty or love. I have a vague guess on Minerva's real intentions, but I dare not run to the conclusion. 

Especially considering that doing so might make me feel wary of Minerva, and in order to gain her trust, I have to give my trust first, so being doubtful or acting dubious wouldn't help with my plans. In the end, the best route is to take things in a careful manner, and just take my time and pace to slowly gain Minerva's trust. 

After thinking things through, I release a sigh, casting a look at Ezra. "I've decided, I want to remove the toxins," I said with no hesitation. 

[Understood.] Ezra replied, flying to me and placing those small palms on my head. [You will experience a very unbearable excruciating pain, are you prepared to do this, host?]

Nodding as I closed the lids of my eyes, I remained seated in the bathtub full of water. "Do it," I mumbled.

[Expelling of body toxins commencing at 1%, 2%, 3%, 4%,..., 100% complete.]

Right after that, I felt a bolt of electricity coursing through my veins. "Accck!" I yelped as my body jolted in shock. I bit my lower lip hard, suppressing myself from letting out a loud scream. 

I felt like thousands of needles were poking through the pores of my skin, and what came after was a warm sticky liquid oozing out. I opened my eyes, seeing the water turning red and blood seeping out from me.

[Host, the toxins are successfully discharged from your body.]

"Mm," I hummed in response, feeling lightheaded. "Then I'll handle things here, Ezra."

[Understood host. Then I'll go back to your daughter's side.] The mecha-cat then disappeared like a bubble. 

At that, I started cleaning up after myself, removing all the stains of blood on my skin. After that, I wrapped a towel around my body, letting the water drain from the bathtub. I made sure I didn't leave any marks of red liquid in any place.

After this, I took my clothes, putting them on the washing machine. While waiting, I head back to my room, which is also my daughter's room.

When I went in, I found Blythe sleeping peacefully with Ezra snuggled beside her. I smiled to myself, finding them cute to stare at. But then I remembered, I'm probably the only one seeing this cat, cuddling with my daughter.

I shook my head, finding that thought funny. Afterwards, I took new sets of clothes to dress myself. I wore a printed black shirt and baggy pants, then I blow dried my hair.

"Uwaaaah!!"

Blythe's resounding cries echoed inside our room. Hurriedly, I went to the crib, taking my daughter to my arms. I let out tunes to calm her down, but she still kept crying.

"Maybe Blythe is hungry, Miss Asherah." The robotic voice of Wisdom reverberated from the speakers inside the room.

[That's right, host. Your daughter is crying out for food.] Ezra stated, floating beside me.

"I see," I replied, taking off my shirt half way, revealing my breast, so I could feed Blythe with my milk. The moment I fed Blythe, her cries soon calmed down, then she began to behave again. "Oh, she is indeed starving…thanks for reminding me Wisdom."

Then I glanced at Ezra as well: You too, thanks for looking out for my daughter.

The mecha-cat nodded then went back inside my body.

Wisdom, on the other hand, continued to chat with me. "No problem, anything for the mother and daughter," said Wisdom, beaming with delight. "If you have any other task, then don't be polite and give them to me, Miss Asherah."

I chuckled. "Well then, did you have any footage inside the cabin aside from this room earlier?"

"No, they were turned off since I concentrated on guarding Blythe and the outside of the cabin. Should I turn it back on again, Miss Asherah?" 

I shook my head as I sat down on the bed, carrying Blythe with me. "No, just continue doing that," I said with a smile. "Also, please delete the footage of this time period as well and turn off all the CCTV cameras inside the cabin for now. I think we all need some privacy."

"Understood Miss Asherah. I'll just concentrate on guarding the outside of the house then," Wisdom replied, still cheerful.

"Alright, thank you for the hard work," I praised, staring down at Blythe as I fed her. 

"Just a small thing, so don't mention them, Miss Asherah. You are after all the second in command while my boss is unavailable."

My lips raised at that. "Is that so? How come?"

"Oh that's because she ordered me to listen to you as well during emergencies."

"Erin said that?" I asked, quite surprised.

"Yes, her, she stated that I should follow your orders while she—"

Suddenly, the ground shook violently, and a reverberating voice resounded loudly from outside the cabin, making Blythe wail once more.

"Warning Alert: Ladies and gentlemen, this is your Captain Black speaking. I am here to announce that our Black Cruiser ship is currently under attack by space pirates. For your convenience, please activate the emergency shield barriers in your compartments, houses, or wherever you are. Stay safe everyone. Godspeed to us all."