Prologue

Kishibe glanced around the street next corner, everything went to shit, a devil had attacked Saitama prefecture out of nowhere, now this was your everyday stuff.

The problem? This... Thing was more powerful than anything he'd encountered so far, it moved at godlike speed and its powers seemed to he endless.

He had only got a quick look at the devil in question, in humanoid form and wearing a white cloaked that covered its entire form, the creature had been moving in the sky across the entire city, causing slaughter and chaos everywhere it went.

It was almost like...

"The gun devil." He looked to his side to see Quanxi had made her way towards him, she also looked exhausted.

"The gun devil hadn't cause this level of destruction." She continued. "The reports..." Her tone turned grimly. "It seems there are hundreds of thousands dead already."

"That's... Bad." Kishibe didn't know what to say, he was lost for words. "But... If its only happening in Japan... Someone unleashed this thing on the country."

Quanxi's tired eyes narrowed. "Again with your conspiracies?"

Kishibe spared her a brief glance and continued. "It's no secret Japan has many enemies, the devil contract business is important in international affairs... If another world superpower made a contract with.. Whatever this is."

His friend and coworker shook her head and sighed. "No, I think this devil is just like the gun devil, a mindless, destructive beast that cannot be tamed or reasoned with."

Kishibe remained unconvinced. "But—"

A loud thunderous noise interrupted their conversation, he looked at the distance, another building had collapsed completely, the devil's doing, no doubt.

He gritted his teeth, if there was something he hated, was to feel powerless against those things, he took a step forward, leaving the small safety the alleyway provided.

He felt a hand grabbing his arm and preventing him from moving, he looked over his shoulder to see Quanxi had her lips pressed together so much he thought they'd disappear.

"Have you changed your mind about liking girls, then?" He dryly stated, she squeezed his arm, hard enough for it to actually hurt. "Yeah yeah I know you won't leave your little harem for little ol' me."

"This is a fight you—we cannot win, fool, let go  of your pride." She sneered at him.

He shrugged, pulling out his bottle and taking a sip from it. "By that reasoning, we are gonna die anyways, might as well go down fighting and besides..." He flashed a wry grin and pointed at his bottle. "I'm already drunk, I plan on pissing on the devil's body once it's dead."

She snorted, he always found new ways to surprise her, still, she found his calmness soothing, even though it was because he was too drunk to realise how fucked they were.

"So." She unsheathed one of her blades and stared at him, pointing the blade towards him. "What's the plan?"

He stared at her dumbfounded before giving a slow nod, "This might be the first time you actually listen to me."

"That's because you will most likely die." she pointed out. "Might as well indulge you in your last wish."

"Hmm." He looked down, a wistful smile appeared on his face, he looked at her in the eye. "Thank you, Quanxi."

-
-
---
She still couldn't believe she had  agreed to it, putting her girls in danger no less! She had met them in Nanking a year ago, and she adored them, they might he fiends, and the subject of Devil/Fiend and human being friends or romantically involved was tabboo and frowned upon but fuck it, she didn't care.