Chapter 6: Why Do Ghouls Fall in Love? Part 4

Third Person POV:
Valentine is seen walking through the halls of Monster High with a smirk on his face. Girls giggled as they saw him walk by, making him smirk even more. Suddenly Toralei stopped in and smiled mischievously. "I'm Toralei." She greeted while standing next to him. "Pleased to meet you, darling. I'm Valen..." He was about to introduce himself but Toralei cut him off.

"Valentine. Yes, I know all about you." She told him with a devilish smile. Unbeknownst to them high above them in the shadows a pair of white eyes narrowed as the figure listened in on their conversation. "I see my reputation... precedes me." Valentine said while smiling smugly. "And I know you're here for Draculaura's heart." Toralei told him making his eyes widen in surprise and fear.

This caused the figure's white eyes to widen in surprise as well. 'He's here for Draculaura's heart? But she has a boyfriend already.' He thought to himself. 'I sense he has a special power that makes women fall in love with him, and then he steals their hearts once he fills them with love. But that is only a guess as to his power. I don't know the name of it.' Another voice said in the figure's head.

The figure then was seen slightly as a man in a black suit with a white spider on his chest. "Hush, now." Valentine hushed Toralei, leading her to an abandoned classroom. The figure made his way into the classroom without being seen. "Look, she called me." Valentine explained which made the figure's white eyes narrow in confusion. 'There's no way that Draculaura called him. She's happy with Clawd. Even with how he's been acting lately.' The figure thought.

"She didn't call you. I did." Toralei confessed. The figure's eyes widen when he heard this and felt anger swell up inside him as his eyes gained a slight glow of hellfire. 'Conner, calm yourself. We can't do anything until we have enough evidence to give to Mrs. Bloodgood.' Venom said to Conner. Conner sighed and nodded his head.

"You did? Why?" Valentine asked suspiciously. "To help you get past her guard dog." Toralei said, making Valentine look out the door to see Draculaura and Clawd at Draculaura's locker. "The furry fella?" Valentine asked curiously. "Her boyfriend." Toralei explained with a smirk. "Boyfriend?!" Valentine gasped and quickly hid from view. Conner made sure to have his phone record everything that was going on below him.

"Relax. Clawd doesn't have a romantic tuft of fur in his whole body. He's no threat." Toralei reassured Valentine. "He sure is big." Valentine gulped nervously. 'Wait till he meets us.' Conner thought as both Venom and Zarthos agreed. "Aww, is it's okay, fraidy cat. The big bad wolf is leaving." Toralei said while pointing to a leaving Clawd. "Now, get over there and do what you do best." She instructed him.

"All right. Now we're talking." Valentine said while smirking. "Why are you doing this anyway, pretty kitty?" he asked. "Let's just call it a birthday present... from the heart." Toralei told him with an evil grin on her face. Valentine shrugged it off and readied himself so he could see Draculaura. But Conner smirked under his mask and easily got out of the room before Venom retracted back into his body in a dark corner hallway near Draculaura's locker.

Conner's POV:
I looked around the corner and saw Draculaura still getting a few things from her locker and smirked as I knew Valentine would come out of the abandoned classroom any second. I saw him walk out and called out to Draculaura. I narrowed my eyes and took a breath before walking over to them. "Hey, Draculaura whose your new friend?" I asked pretending I didn't know. "Oh, Conner, this is Valentine. Valentine, this is my friend, Conner. He transferred here a couple weeks ago." Draculaura said.

"Conner Blaze, nice to finally met you." I said holding out my hand. Valentine just smiled and shook my hand before he gasped and drew his hand back as his hand was steaming as a burn appeared on his hand. "What just happened?" He asked.

"Hmm, that's odd. That only happens if someone is guilty of committing a sin. A side effect of my shapeshifting powers." I said with a hidden smirk. "Well, I assure you I have never committed a sin in my life." Valentine said clearly lying through his fangs. "Anyway, Draculaura, Clawd's looking for you." I said but it didn't seem like she heard me. "Oh, really. Well, I'll talk to him in a bit. Right now I want to catch up with Valentine." Draculaura said as she and Valentine walked away to catch up.

I narrowed my eyes and lost my smile. 'He's playing her like a fiddle.' Venom said, 'Obviously.' I told him. 'We must tred caustiously. We don't want to alert him that we know what he is planning. Not yet at least.' Zarthos commented. 'You're right. For now we have the upper hand. And that mark on his hand will let us know if something happens to Draculaura should he make his move.' I responded to Zarthos's comment.

|Time Skip|

Still Conner's POV:
Clawdeen and I were at my locker so I can get a few things for our next class, when all of a sudden, we got notifications on our I-Coffins. "What's this about?" I asked while taking my phone out and checked what it was. Turned out Spectra updated her blog. So Clawdeen and I opened it to see what was new.

What we read shocked both of us, as well as Venom and Zarthos. "Draculaura? Going out with Valentine?" Clawdeen growled in anger. "Easy now. I have a feeling that everything isn't how it seems." I told her. "But look at what it says. She has lovey dovey eyes when she looks at him." Clawdeen told me, pointing at Draculaura's lovesick look.

But what I noticed as a glazed look in Draculaura's eyes. But I can't make my move until I have all the facts. Like when Valentine plans on harvesting Draculaura's heart. So for now I need to play along. "*Sighs* You're right. It does look like they're dating again." I said. "I can't believe she's doing this to my brother. I'm gonna give her a piece of my mind." Clawdeen growled, taking my hand, and pulling me with her.

On the way, Franky, Abbey, and Cleo joined up with us. They also read the article and were going to confront Draculaura as well. We stood at the bottom of the stairs once we saw Draculaura coming down the stairs with a smile on her face. Clawdeen growled in her face making Draculaura gasp and stop in her steps. "What's going on with you and Valentine?" she asked her.

"What? Wh-what are you talking about?" Draculaura asked with an innocent tone. But she wasn't fooling anyone. Especially me. "Everybody knows that you guys have been hanging out. It's all over school." Clawdeen told her with a 'duh' tone in her voice. "It's also on Spectra's blog." I added, holding up my phone, showing Draculaura the article.

After I said that, Spectra came up behind us and took a photo before floating away. "Okay, okay. We've been spending... a little time together. So?" Draculuara asked like it was no big deal. "So? Are you forgetting that you already have a boyfriend?" Clawdeen asked her with a glare. "In my village they have name for this, 'prenubachichnietaviche'." Abbey informed us.

Everyone looked at her with confusion, not knowing what it meant. "Translation: Not cool." I clarified for everyone. "Impressive. You know my native tongue." Abbey said. "Spent a year in the Himalayas. Picked up a few things." I said. "Getting back on topic. Don't tell him I said this, but my brother's a great guy. And he cares about you so much." Clawdeen confessed to her.

"I know, I know, and I care about him. But Val is just so dreamy and romantic and amazing." Draculaura sighed out with a smile. I groaned in annoyance of this since she seems to be falling for the wrong guy once again. "Clawd may be smelly and annoying, but he's not stupid." Clawdeen told Draculaura. "He's going to find out about this." Cleo said making everyone nod in agreement.

"I'm telling you this as a friend, you can't have it both ways, you gotta make a choice." Clawdeen said, then she walked towards me. We nodded in agreement when Draculaura looked at us. We then walked away, leaving a conflicted Draculuara behind.

To be continued...

🎉 You've finished reading A Werewolf's Rider (A Clawdeen Wolf x OC Venom Rider story) (Slow Updates) 🎉