The end

Grian was curled up into a ball with his wings spread over him. He wanted to get up and move around but he noticed the lack of an energetic mam in his arms and panicked. Scar!

He immediately spread his wings out defensively and looked around the room very quickly. And then he got up.

He could hear voices coming from the other room, and by the sound, he could make out Scar and Doc's voices. And then he heard the door open.

Xisuma was here? Or he is here- either way it doesn't matter. Scar is in the living room which means he has to be there. With Scar. Now.

So he walked slowly towards the door, not caring what he looked like at the moment.

His hair was scruffy and he had feathers scattered around his shirt that fell off during the duration he was asleep.

He peeked out the door and had a clear view of the living room, Doc was on the couch sitting with Scar and Xisuma. They were all drinking tea and chatting, by the looks of it.

Grian smiled softly and his wings relaxed as he saw Scar. His  Scar. He thought quietly.

Doc, who was sitting opposite sides of Xisuma, saw Grian. So he gave Grian a slight smile and snickered at the state of his hair.

----------

Scar had Grian sitting on the floor in front of him and he was preening his wings for him, how this happened? Well, Scar had seen how Grian's wings were a mess last night when they met outside.

And he didn't say anything because he didn't want to embarrass Grian but this morning when he saw his wings after Grian came out of the doorway,

He almost jumped from surprise.

They were a complete and utter wreck. They were so messy that he could swear that he saw a rats nest in a couple feathers.

And he could see the others side eye him, as if they were silently pleading him to preen them.

So he tapped Grian on the shoulder,

"Hey G?" He said looking over towards Grian quickly, "Hm?" Grian made eye contact with Scar.

"Can- uh- Can I preen your wings?" Scar asked hesitantly, Grian frowned slightly at that and contemplated saying yes. Before, of course saying, "Uhm, no. I don't like people touching my wings, but thank you for asking!" And went back to figetting with a severed feather.

Doc looked down at Grian sharply and said, "Absolutely not. Grian, I love that you have boundaries but your wings are not healthy. How will you fly?"

Grian looked at Doc while frowning deeply, "fine, but only because I can't reach the far parts." He scooted more towards Scar and spread his wings over his lap.

Scar and Grian were both blushing up a storm and Grian had eventually got comfortable and leaned his head back on Scar. Letting him weave and sort through the many feathers that he had.

Xisuma silently watched, noting down little details, as he does. While watching for any discomfort as well so that he knows more about Avians. He knows that there are differences between Avians and regular birds and so he has been secretly watching and noting down little details about Grian.

He's the only Avian that Xisuma has personally known so he takes any opportunity to learn more about his species so that he can help if he ever has problems in his code or if he meets another Avian in the future.

Of course Doc knows more about the whole hybrid parts of it though.

------

Grian woke up from his nap and ground himself cuddled up next to Scar. Doc and Xisuma have left but he looked up and just saw Scar looking down at him and smiling.

Hopefully this will be how it is forever.

❤️

-----------------------
A/N-
     Hey! What's up? I think that this will be the last chapter I post but thank you all so much for the support. Let me know if I need to add onto this or if this is a good ending? Anyways I think I will work on another book while I wait for responses. Should this book be about Grian or should I make a book about another person?

Xoxo
-Smallpatcha