Chapter 7: Last Day Of Training And Potential Alliances

Harry's PoV

Harry had his eyes closed, his back leaned against the wall of the elevator, as he rode down towards the training center.

Today would be day three, the last day of training. He absolutely couldn't count tomorrow as any useful training after all, still trying to come up with ways in his head how to bail out of the scheduled mentor and tributes training session - maybe faking sick would do - because there was no way he would tempt fate by attending, risking to be potentially accidentally killed by Lockhart trying to show off in the process.

Speaking of whom Harry was running late for today's training now because Lockhart had asked - well more like forcefully pulled - him aside as he was about to board the elevator together with Lavender earlier.

The whole thing had unsurprisingly turned out to be a complete waste of time, Lockhart just like always talking only about himself in the highest and most obnoxious ways without saying anything even slightly useful to his tribute that could help him with anything in the arena really but the most horrible thing must have been Lockhart's little preview of his 'exceptional' fighting skills near the end of their completely one-sided conversation in regards to their mentor and tribute training session tomorrow.

It truly had been a horrific sight having to watch a middle-aged man waving his arm around in the air, apparently trying to mimic stabbing someone with an invisible dagger for visualization purposes, but actually looking like an overexcited five-year-old waving an invisible toy wand around uncoordinatedly or worse possibly even having a seizure.

Needless to say, after that Harry had excused himself as fast as possible, downright fleeing into the elevator and smashing the button to finally take him down to training.

Not that he was really looking forward to that either, as he had a feeling he would most likely be wasting valuable training time trying to avoid Cho and Cedric, instead of fully focusing on his training anyways.

Harry knew he was essentially being stupid but what irked him the most was that he seemingly cared way too much about things revolving around a certain tribute from District 4, which he didn't even know that much about to begin with.

He had only just met Cedric three days ago after all, so who was he exactly to become all jealous about Cho and Cedric seemingly getting along really well.

There was no denying they would look exceptionally good together as a pair, especially visual-wise, at least according to Lavender who just absolutely had to tell Harry all about her opinions during breakfast this morning, unfortunately.

The worst thing was Harry wasn't blind and he absolutely hated that he could see just what Lavender meant.

Cho and Cedric would make a pretty pair if it weren't for the Games making them rivals.

He really wished he could snuff out the voice in the back of his head trying to constantly tell him to envision himself in Cho's place at Cedric's side.

This was the Hunger Games he really couldn't have chosen a more unfitting time to develop his first crush.

He obviously knew that blaming himself for things he didn't really have any control over was pretty harsh but seeing the circumstances he was currently in wasn't it understandable?

All Harry really wished for with all his heart right now was that he could just return home to his best friends Hermione and Ron and the Weasleys in District 12.

He really missed them and he was suddenly overcome by an intense feeling of homesickness.

He wondered if Hermione and Ron as well as the Weasleys were doing alright and if they were worried for him or if they had already accepted his fate that he would most likely never return home, dying in the arena and tried to move on with their lives trying to forget him.