𝐗𝐈

𝐓𝐡𝐞 drive is slow at first as Damon pulls out of the private parking lot. Sitting in the passenger seat of his car feels so right, yet so wrong.

I can't help but stare at him as he drives. His eyes focused on the road even though they don't need to be. The way his hands grip the steering wheel tightly as he waits for traffic to settle.

Not wanting him to catch me staring I quickly look at the center console. I wondered if he would kill me if I played music. Without any music or any idea to where I was going this was going to be a difficult ride.

"If you want to ask something ask because I won't seek your questions." Damon says.

"I was going to ask if I could play music, but decided to count the odds of you killing me if I did." I say turning my head to look at him once again.

He doesn't respond so I take his silence as a yes. I don't give him room to think any further and plug my phone in and relax.

I seemed to have forgotten that it connects and plays the last song you listened to, as The Weeknd fills the car. I quickly reach to shut the song as Or Nah plays and switch it to Party Monster instead.

I cover my face as it turns red. I don't have to look at Damon to know what he's thinking. I don't have to go look at him to know that he's smirking at me. I reach over to the volume switch and blast the music as we turn onto a long empty street. The sky begins to darken outside as it fits the mood of the song.

I sing along to the song and move a little in my seat to the music. Before I know it, the song changes to OHMAMI by Chase Atlantic ft Maggie Lindemann. The thrill this songs gives me while driving must be showing in my face as Damon speeds up.

Fear fills me, but I still smile. The thrill the speed gives me, covers the fear of crashing. My heartbeat accelerates at the same times as Damon accelerates the car somehow further. I don't hold back as I sing all the lyrics to the song.

My heart rings in my ears as I smile at the speed of his driving. The car, the cold night air coming into the car, the speed, the music, and Damon seem perfect right now.

The car slows to a stop as the red traffic light shines over us. Normally Damon would run it, but there is a car in front of us this time. The song changes to Don't Blame Me by Taylor Swift. I can't help but think the song fits so perfectly for us. For Damon and I, this song described something beyond anything words could define.

I stare at him at wonder, maybe it's because of the red light shining on us or the music, but I can't help but think how things would be. If nothing changed and that night never happened. He did what he did, and I did what I had to do. I don't know if he knows, but I think he knows.

"What were the odds." Damon asks me.

I stare at him confused.

"The odds of me killing you."

"In which specific situation." I respond. There were more than a few times where I thought of Damon killing me.

"You know what I mean." He responds while tapping his fingers lightly on the steering wheel.

I could tell the long red light was started to annoy him.

"I don't know." I say just as the light turns green and Damon makes a quick and slightly illegal maneuver to leave the car in-front  of us behind.

So it Goes by Taylor Swift blasts in the car. I look over at his cup that has been sitting idle. I tilt my head slightly and look at him, "Why haven't you taken a sip? Afraid I poisoned you?" I say with a teasing smile.

He doesn't say anything so I grab the drink and take a sip. The tinted red gloss on my lips leaves a mark on the cup as I set it down. I smile before pretending to choke on the coffee "Look I'm totally dying" I say as my fake choking turns into laughter.

He turns to me and grabs the coffee.

𝐃𝐀𝐌𝐎𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐕:

I grab the coffee cup that now has a red lipstick stain on it. Another reminder of the color red, the color we didn't fully explore. I take a sip of the black coffee and surprise fills me when I notice Madison added caramel syrup in it. Her foolish little attempt to get me back. Nice try little Ember but you have to try way harder than that.

I set the cup back down after taking another sip. The flavor was interesting, the bitter black and the hidden sweetness of the caramel.

Such Symbolism.

The smile on her face makes me feel numb and angry inside. It seems she's gotten to calm around me. Time to up those nerves Ember, because your heart might fall out after going through what we have in store for you.

What I have in store for you.

𝐌𝐀𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐍'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕:

I look at the window and my body relaxes as I look at the blur that becomes the trees. The city was long forgotten as we entered a hilly area.

I jump as a cold hand is placed on my exposed thigh. I turn to see Damon's large hand easily gripping onto my thigh. I try to pry his hand off to no avail as he tightens his grip. He still looks at the road relaxed as the car speeds on the road.

I freeze as his hand slowly inches further up. It's unwanted but not completely unwelcome as my body warms up to his touch. It was weird to say, seeing how his hands are cold like the rest of him.

Just as his hand creeps up I grab onto it. I don't try to remove it, and just hold onto it. My heart beats quicker as his fingers pinch the skin on my thigh.

It was a warning of course, but I was never good at following directions. I still grip onto his hand as he pinches my skin again, this time harder. I hiss and let go, as his hand rubs the irritated area before just resting there.

I turn away from him and close my eyes as Doin' Time by Lana Del Rey fills my ears. I smile at one of the lyrics as the song reaches its end, and can't help but think how Damon would love to hold my head under water.

I Walk the Line by Halsey plays as we near the housing area. The lyrics "Because you're mine, I walk the line."  Hold onto my heart tightly as Damon's grip on me. In some ways I knew I would forever be his and he would make me walk the line.

HI!

Please comment and vote!!

❤️❤️❤️