Ch1

Welcoming to the military lifestyle, a place filled with self independence to those who want to play hero and filled with many different opportunities to work alongside from all parts of the world.

"The more things change, the more they stay the same." Claimed a strong American voice that can only belong to General Shepherd. He's known to be the one in charge of U.S military's.

"Boundaries shift, new players step in, but power always finds a place to rest its head." He spoke while screen sharing the viewing of all possible targeted locations on the map.

"We fought and bleed alongside the Russians. We shoulda known they'd hated us for it." He added while the sound oh him grinding his teeth.

"History is written by the victor and here I am thinking we'd won." He claimed taking a few steps away from the presentation board.

"But if you bring down one enemy, they'll find someone even worse to replace them. Locations change, the rationales, the objectives. Yesterday's enemies are todays recruits, Train them to fight alongside you, and you pray they don't eventually decide to hate you for it too." Shepherd mentioned before walking up to a large glassed window from the meeting room.

"I asked for a team to help along side Joseph Allen on this case. I was told these where mixture of the best of the best, some just under 2 years of serving, but fought like they served over 5 years. So I'll split them in half so we could have back up just in case, even though there's little to no chance will send them in right away." Shepherd spoke while files were now being distributed within the recruits.

If you get a file then you've been recruited for a mission, if not then you're on "free time" until further notice.

The following day is when they introduced the Rangers and their extra teammates, serving under Sargent Foley commission. They would be the ones to get deployed out soon for battle.

"I'll call the names of those who are scheduled to follow Allen." Foley spoken up as he than stared to name the people.

A young girl who goes by C/N stood in an formation line. Y/n eyes scanned the room and faces as she waited and waited but her name had not been called out.

After the assignment everyone and the remaining recruits all exited the meeting room. Y/n happened to remain behind as she than approached her leader.

"See you soon Sargent Foley." C/N gave a nod as she shakes hands with Foley. "Keep everyone on foot, Specialist. No slacking off just yet, I trust you." He spoke with a smirk before making calls for many aircraft's assistants.

In case you're ever wandering Y/N had served in the military for over 3 years. Her combat and great efforts of getting along with her team had served her well. So well that she was able to ranked herself a SP8/ E8 in the specialist category.

Moving on, for the remainder of the day about a few of her teammates had gone out to get a heads start in training. Y/n liked to focused more on her gun work since she still wasn't convinced enough of having a good aim of her liking. Well due to her shaky hands.

"Hey y/n, I found you! thought you had gone with foley?" A young guy by the name Ethan Millers spoken up with a smile. Y/n tilts her head towards the guy and raised a brow with curiosity.

"Hello Ethan and i prefer we stick to my code name." She replied while loading her clips into her now drawn hand gun.

"Alright then, c/N. Also it seems I haven't chatted with you in a while." Ethan spoke while stretching his arms before he too picked up a hand gun. The two worked on armory with bits of conversations thrown in.

Y/n wasn't much of a talker, in fact she would be the cause for any conversations to die down but non of it is take seriously from Ethan.

It would now be night fall as y/n and Ethan gathered up their equipments and headed back to their assigned barracks. The California state weather in the fall was very soothing to the feels.

Y/n quickly breath in the air as she enters her side of the building and made her way to her room. Once entering the room she was met with two of her roommates. She didn't really care for their names since they are never really around most of the time. Everyone all worked for something or someone else.

"C/N paperwork's!"" One spoke as y/n then put away her things and reached for the pile of folders.

"My favorites, thanks." She utters with sarcasm before walking to her desk to begin work.

After a while, y/n was dinally done with work and it was now about time to get supper. "Good timing me." Y/n spoke to herself as she eyed the clock and walked out towards the dining hall.

The food today wasn't as bad, it's rare when food is decent to eat in the army. Y/N ate well and now the only thing left was to shower, and call it in for the night.

When Y/n walked back to her room, she noticed that non of her roommates weren't around. Y/n quickly grabbed her things and headed for the showers. After a few minutes she tiredly climbed into her bed and pulled out her small journal from underneath her pillow.

Y/n liked to write stuff in it, like her life updates or what's it like being in the military. It's something that keeps her mind in place. As y/n writes down her thoughts she began to doze out of consciousness from the many nights of lack sleep and her eyes slowly stared drift close as she then tucked her journal away.

------------------
𝕳𝖊𝖑𝖑𝖔 𝖌𝖍𝖔𝖘𝖙
------------------
Words: 905
Edited: 4x

A/n
Update: new names and change of some plots.

Hey Dan1vers here, I recently had redid many of the characters to this story, if you read this book before in the past, now it's had updated some lines changed.

A/N
It's my 20th birthday day and I'm excited to get this book started up again. I've also worked on MWF3 but it's not nearly done.