Snuggles! (Red Velvet and Esterházy)

Update: Merry Christmas! I have not written for myself in years and this is what I came up with after having to deal with the stress of college and being an adult! I hope you enjoy!

I yawned as the cake production began to slow down.
"Tired?" Red Velvet Cookie asked. I nod as he gently embraces me before lifting me up. "Then let's get to bed before you fall into the batter."
I would never ask him to carry me to bed like a child but this felt nice. Our chests pressed softly together with the rhythm of our breaths. I lean my head on his shoulder and grip his shirt a little tighter.
"Don't worry, I'm not going to drop you," he reassured me as he let out a small laugh. Sighing with a smile, I let myself doze off while still somewhat aware of everything. The patter of cake feet marching in rhythm, the barks and growls of hounds, the sound of Red Velvet's boots climbing the stairs that lead to his private quarters.
"Good evening, sir, and to you as well, miss," Esterházy said as Red Velvet carried me into the room.
"Esterházy, do you plan on working all night?" I asked.
"Well, why wouldn't I? There are many things that must be done," He said as Red Velvet set me on his bed. The dialog continued between the two men, but all I could focus on was the bed. Velvet sheets, pillows stuffed with hair cut from the hounds' fluff to perfection by Esterházy, a blanket of knitted hound hair yarn. Then, I felt two more things, one expected and one unexpected.
Red Velvet laid beside me, wrapping his cake arm around me. His warm breath on my cheek disturbed by a single goodnight kiss. His arm came to my back and gently scratched my back as if his clawed hand was made for no other purpose. Then he moved it to my face, a perfect fit, yet a cautious one. He cupped my other cheek with such care as to not hurt me. His battle-worn hand still shows great love.
To my other side, laid Esterházy. Though he was clothed in his usual uniform, I could still feel his soft fur against my back. His hair had become undone, locks falling on my already warmed cheeks as I found my head in the crook of his neck. His mane was softer than the pillow he previously prepared for my pleasure.
I was between two men who were usually very cold, but I slept warm that night.