Snow Fun

Prompt: December 15th. Snow day. Winter is finally here, and our favourite duo are out in the snow. Write a drabble about their activities (snowball fights/sledding/making a snow person/making snow angels, etc.).

~~~

Snow Fun

Harry and Hermione knocking on his door, entering and closing it behind themselves had Sirius raising an eyebrow.

"You know," he said casually before either of them could say anything, "the mark of a good prank involves unpredictability. You two are getting predictable."

He watched as they looked at each other and did some of that talking-without-speaking thing that, even Sirius had to admit, was pretty damn cute. And something that looked and felt even stronger than what James and Lily had.

"We haven't even told you why we're here," Harry said cautiously.

"Well, then, how about I take a guess?" Sirius suggested and didn't even bother pausing to let them answer. "You're here because you want to leave the house again and go out on a date."

Again, they did that speaking to each other without talking thing. From what he could gather, Harry seemed amused, Hermione bemused and neither bothered by his guess.

"You must admit that, seeing how successful the last couple of trips out have been, it doesn't make sense that we stay cooped up in here all the time," Harry said.

"And, for the record, although we've been out three times, only two were our idea, the other was yours," Hermione pointed out.

"Not to mention that everyone only knows about one of them," Harry added.

Sirius' eyes narrowed slightly. It was like they'd rehearsed that. Which, he supposed, was eminently possible. Worse still, they were right. Besides, who was he to stop them going out when they'd proven that they could take care of themselves?

"What's your idea?" he asked.

~~~

Harry, Hermione and Sirius appeared with a crack in the middle of the Forest of Dean, not far from where they'd had their part-way stop in the middle of the night on their way to see Harry's parents.

"It's beautiful," Hermione said, spinning around to look at the snow-covered trees and bushes and the rolling landscape of untouched snow that covered the ground.

"Yeah, it is," Harry replied, his eyes not on where they were but the girl beside him.

"Thank you, Harry," she smiled.

"If you two are going to be sappy, then I'm off to explore a bit," Sirius said before changing into Padfoot and bounding off into the trees.

"Do you think that he'll be alright?" Hermione asked.

"Yeah, he will," Harry replied. "He'll find a squirrel or something to chase. And it's good for him to get out of that place for a while."

"I couldn't agree more," Hermione replied, her last word rising in pitch as Harry unexpectedly grabbed her hand and pulled her towards him.

He caught her around the waist and kissed her deeply. Hermione's hands slithered up his body, around his neck and her hands ended up fisted in his hair. In response, one of his hands drifted lower down her back only just stopping above her bum.

"Mmm, that was nice," Hermione purred when their lips finally parted.

"Definitely one way to stay warm out here in the snow," Harry agreed.

Her eyes widened then and a grin appeared on her face.

"We're in the snow, Harry!" she exclaimed.

Her hands fell to his chest and pushed him away even as she backed away from him. Then, after a quick check behind herself, Hermione let herself fall. She landed in a snowdrift, her arms and legs splayed and instantly began moving them in and out, clearing the snow as she did so.