3 - Work For Your Goals

"You're so manly."

"I know, right?", you puffed out your chest,"Call me a miracle worker. I made friends with him after all that."

Pride couldn't even begin to describe what you felt. You managed to not only face the strange situation between you and Todoroki but also turn it around. Now, you could call him your friend and yourself his friend. Kirishima applauded before hunching closer to you with squinted eyes.

"I'm proud of you (Name) but you're suuuure this isn't about your fee-"

"Dude", you rolled your eyes,"If one more person brings that up..."

"You wouldn't hurt your best friend."

You acted like you were thinking about. He had a wide grin from your non-verbal threat; of course that wouldn't be enough to intimidate him,"You obviously wouldn't. How's your research going?Any closer to finding Dabi?"

The villain's name was all you needed for your mood to diminish. You sighed in frustration as you placed your hand on your cheek,"I guess?Tracking him isn't as much of the problem. I'm having second thoughts about trying to capture him."

Kirishima's eyebrows furrowed, his mouth hanging open in shock and revealing his sharp teeth,"What the- Why?!?You can't say that!!Think of all the work you've put into this!!"

"That's not the problem, Kiri", you shifted uncomfortably in your spot,"But I think I've been unrealistic about this from the very beggining. I mean, why did I think chasing a villain who's fire quirk is so powerful it could burn through his own body was a good idea? Can you imagine what would happen to my vines the moment I actually try to fight him?We already saw what happened once. It wasn't pretty."

"Then don't use them", he shrugged like it was the most obvious answer.

"Yeah, I'm sure he'll play fair and not turn me to ashes", you laughed apathetically. Your little private goal looked more unachievable the more you looked at it.

"You can't throw away so many years of working!!", he looked worried,"Maybe you just need a different way to look at it. Can't you use dirt and stuff, like you did with Bakubro during your first year?"

"I could", you agreed,"But it's not my quirk's strength so using it requires too much energy for too little effectiveness,y'know?I doubt Dabi would let me call a snack break in the middle of a fight."

"What about making your vines super strong?That's what Aizawa had you do during the summer camp."

You winced at the memory,"Dude, having to take Bakugou's explosions like that sucked. If you're suggesting I do that again, I'll pass."

Kirishima grabbed onto your soulders and shook you hard,"No, (Name), you're missing my point!!", he let go of you and began making hand motions with every word as he emphasized it,"Your vines build up resistance to heat over time with exposure. With enough resistance, you have a good chance of taking Dabi out. Who else do we know with a similar quirk to his?"

His suggestion started making sense in your mind,"Oh, shit, Kiri, you're a genius!", he grinned at your compliment,"I can't believe I haven't thought of that. He's dummy strong, his fire quirk would probably get my resistance up in no time. Crap, if only I had his number, I could ask him to train with me", you sighed in dissapointment. Kirishima raised his eyebrow.

"You don't have Todoroki's number?After spending four years in the same class?"

"Well we weren't exactly best buds, right?Not everyone's graced with the likeability you have, Kiri. You could probably convince him to train with you just by asking, I'll probably have to plead or something."