When the kids sneak out - Leonardo

Lily's POV:
I take one more quick look at my phone to make sure I'm not imagining things. I'm not. This is real.

My heart flutters as I read the text again:

Meet me at the park at midnight - Blade x

Ever since he apologised to me about what happened at the warehouse, he's been such a sweetheart and we've been really getting along. I wonder if he knows I like him? I wonder if he likes me?

As I walk home I can't help but stare at my phone, reading the text over and over again. All sounds around me are completely tuned out, and all I can hear is Blade's voice in my head, as if he and I are speaking directly.

Skye waves her hand in front of my eyes. "Hello? Earth to Lily?" I blink vigorously and look forward to see Skye looking at me confused. "You alright there?"

I hide my phone in my pocket. "I'm good!" I keep walking, trying to resist the urge to get my phone out again.

Suddenly a question crosses my mind: how am I going to make it to the park at midnight without my parents knowing?

Leo's POV:
Call me obsessed, but I can't seem to shake that night at the warehouse off my shell. Seeing Karai again after what happened has really put a strain on me. I can't eat, I can't sleep, I can't think - at least not about anything but Karai.

When she told me what happened with her and Shredder, it gave me chills. I mean, I knew the guy was evil but this was a whole new meaning to the word.

The thing that puzzles me the most, however, is why Karai still hangs around with him even after what he did to her. There has to be some sort of a logical explanation behind it, but none to my knowledge.

Y/n walks into the room, and the sudden smell of delicious hot pizza wafts into my room. "Dinner's here, Leo." She says.

I turn around and smile, before following her out to the kitchen. Lily is already seated at the table, looking very fidgety.

"You okay, Lil?" I ask.

"Mhm!" She replies excitedly. "Why?"

"You just look a bit skittish." I say. "Is there something on your mind?"

"No, no." She replies. "Just... Excited for dinner!" Her response is ended by a nervous laugh as Y/n hands her a plate of cheese pizza.

I know my daughter, and I know when she's lying. This is one of those times.

Lily's POV:
After some careful consultation between my brain and I, I have come to the conclusion on how I will meet Blade under the cover of night.

My dad's a ninja, and if there's one thing I've learnt from him, it's that stealth and camouflage are key.

It's approaching 11:30, meaning I have to leave soon. I grab a black shirt and leggings, along with a pair of black converse and a beanie, to hide my hair. I also grab my phone.

I sneak out of my room and through the lair with perfect silence. Although, I have a feeling I'm being watched.

As I enter the world above, I start sprinting through the streets of New York, towards the park.

As I'm running, I keep seeing two dark figures running across the rooftops beside me out of the corner of my eye. I just brush it off as a trick of the light.

I can see Blade siting on one of the swings now. My heart beats faster as I approach him. He hears me coming and immediately looks up, a big smile on his face. "You came!" He says.

"Here I am." I reply nervously. I sit down on the swing next to him.

So starts our first and very awkward date...

Leo's POV:
I watch carefully from a nearby building as Lily sits down on the swing set, next to that kid with the silver hair.

Call me overprotective, but I have a bad feeling about this guy hanging around with Lily.

I growl quietly as I listen into their conversation.

"How did you sneak out?" Lily asks him.

"Mom and Akiko were already asleep." He replies.

"What about your grandfather?"

"Shredder? Ah, he's getting old."

Shredder??? This kids related to... Wait a minute!

I look closer at the kid. He has familiar sparkling gold eyes. I'd know them anywhere!

This kid is Karai's son!

Setting my anger and astonishment to the side, I continue to eavesdrop on their conversation.

"How'd you sneak out?" He asks Lily.

She gives him a sheepish look. "My dad's a ninja. How do you think I snuck out?"

I giggle at her little joke.

"Touché my friend." He replies, surprised.

I'm suddenly surprised by someone tapping me on the shoulder. "Leo!"

"Gah!" I accidentally shout in surprise.

I spin around to see Y/n, looking very unimpressed. "What are you doing out here?" She asks me.

I shush her quietly and point to the playground. She leans over and watches too.

Lily's POV:
"Gah!" I hear someone shout.

Blade and I both look around, slightly in terror, slightly in surprise. "What was that?" I ask.

"Probably just some drunk dude." Blade says, brushing it off. I look around a little more, just to make sure no one has followed us. "What is it?"

"I'm just making sure we aren't being followed." I say.

Blade chuckles. "Lil you need to chill out."

"I am chilled out!" I snap back.

"You're too tense." He says, getting up and walking behind me.

"W-what are you doing?" I ask. I feel a set of fingers suddenly massaging my back.

"Calming you down." He replies. "You're too tensed up."

I suddenly start to melt into Blade's fingers as he slowly sends me into relaxed mode. After about five minutes he stops. "Better?"

"Much better." I reply.

I open my eyes to see my face inches away from Blade's. I can see straight into his gold eyes, as they dazzle me with magic and delight. Our faces slowly inch closer, until our eyes close and I can feel his amazingly soft lips pressed onto mine.

Fireworks are sent throughout my body as I take in the moment. It feels like I've been waiting for this forever, and now that it's happening, I don't want it to end.

Just when I think things can't get any better...

THUD!

Our eyes flick open and the kiss is broken as Blade spins around in shock and surprise.

"LILY GENEVIEVE HAMATO!"

I look past Blade to see my mom and dad. Dad's usually happy face is replaced by one that scares me so much I think I'm going to pass out. Mom, however, is standing behind dad looking very disappointed.

Crap.