28. Fidelity and Barley

When Avalon was late she was thrilled. But a strange woman she met that was trying to train butterflies told her of an amazing test. A test to see if she really was pregnant.

"I just..." avalon hesitated.

"Yes yes just pee on it." She assured. "women urinate on barley or wheat seeds and if you are pregnant it will quickly begin sprouting seeds indicating a pregnancy. A royal pregnancy. Im so glad I could be here to experience this with you!" Catherine declared fondly.

So Avalon stood above the bundle of barley and lifted her dress skirts, awkwardly stood and tried to let the magic barley do its thing. 

"Some water perhaps?" Catherine offered and Avalon nodded drinking two full glasses. She tried again and then took a step back and watched as the barley bloomed. "Seven blessings!" Catherine shouted and Avalon's smile grew wider. When Viserys came in to see Avalon jumping around a bundle of barley he was confused to say the least. 

"Avalon?" Viserys questioned. 

"OH VISERYS!" Avalon declared. "I'm pregnant!" 

"You are?" Viserys hugged her tightly her legs lifting off the ground. 

"The barley told me." Avalon agreed. 

"What?" Viserys countered. 

"You know where to find me if you need another bundle!" Catherine declared. Viserys stared down at the barley again. 

"I peed on it." Avalon explained "And it bloomed."

"that's... accurate?" Viserys countered. 

"I would hope so or else I peed on the floor like an animal for nothing." Avalon teased. 

"A baby..." Viserys remarked kissing her. 

"Our baby."

+

Avalon liked being pregnant. She liked that her moons bleeding stopped. She liked that Viserys was constantly giving her cake and tea. She liked that she had this tiny human being growing inside of her.

She was making something someone that would walk the earth. It was quite amazing. She ran a hand over the curve her stomach. Thinking.

A boy or a girl.

A boy would put viserys mind at ease but a girl a little girl just like her that would be fun.

"Rhaenyra love feel!" Avalon declared.

"Its kind of gross." Rhaenyra admitted.

"Growing life? Me creating a human inside me?" Avalon countered.

"Cool and gross?" Rhaenyra offered.

''I never gave it much thought before.'' Avalon admitted. ''Any of it. Never thought about marriage or children of my own, Mouse and Me- I have to tell mouse!"

''You really love my father.'' Rhaenyra said softly as she felt the baby kick.

''I have always loved Viserys.'' Avalon clarified. ''He is my big brother. My whole world was him and Daemon and Mouse for so long.'' Avalon whispered. ''I love them more than anything...''

''You miss Daemon.'' Rhaenyra realized.

''I do. I was with my cousin Davina for a while before everything... changed." Avalon offered gently. "I learned about the world and travel and now that im back... back for good... it was just Viserys Daemon and I for so long.'' Avalon remarked. ''Its strange that its not us again.''

+

Avalon had went down to the pits and Mouse greeted her immediately, she opened her arms and hugged him tight. 

"Now I know this is new and might be scary." Avalon began as she ran a hand over Mouse's large nose. "But you will always be my first baby." Avalon assured. "I will always love you and be here for you. Always." Mouse nudged her stomach gently. "You are going to be a big brother!" Avalon declared and Mouse sat in front of her. "I know it's silly to think." Avalon agreed. "but you are my baby and I love you so much."

Mouse bowed down wanting to go for a ride and Avalon climbed up she wondered about her own children, one day flying with her. Would they love the air or prefer the ground like Viserys. Would they want to go cloud catching, that still made Avalon laugh as she reached out now trying to touch the clouds. It made her think of Daemon, it made her miss her brother.

So when Mouse landed contently Avalon kissed him over and over again, she declared her love for her first and largest baby and headed back inside. Mouse watched her go and Avalon thought he understood her. Everyone had always said that Avalon had a special way with the dragons.

Avalon had gotten quite used to falling asleep next to Viserys.

An arm wrapped around her as he kissed her gently. Feeling her breath the rise and fall of her chest against his.

Viserys had long since been sleeping in separate rooms from Aemma. It was just how things were. The man and woman had separate chambers the bed was used for sex and reproduction but Avalon spent every night with Viserys.

It was no longer his room but their room.

Whether it was passionate love making or just snuggled up next to each other. Viserys knew he never felt this way about anyone but Avalon.

Viserys heard the door close and he tipped his head to Avalon as she approached.

''You are free to leave.'' She told the handmaidens and attendants kindly. ''Have a good night. I can tend to Viserys.'' She waited for them to leave the door sealing closed behind them. ''I dont know that I like all these people in here while you are bathing a lesser woman would be worried of your fidelity.'' Avalon mused pulling off her dress.

His eyes traveled down her growing breasts and pregnant stomach as he offered her a hand helping her in.

She leaned back against him as she let the water cover them. His arms wrapped around her as he kissed at her shoulder.

''My love,'' he whispered. Avalon tipped her head into him, closing her eyes. His hands ran along her stomach.

He felt himself growing harder behind her with each touch to her warm wet skin. His hands traveled along. Her thighs and back up again squeezing her breast. She hummed out a content breath as he pressed a long kiss to her neck.

"You smell of dragon smoke." He whispered. "If I were a lesser man I would think you were taking to the skies and finding a dragon rider lover." 

"Nonsense I don't know where Daemon is." Avalon teased and Viserys held her closer as she laughed out.