ONE .

━━━━━━┛ ⸸ ┗━━━━━━

𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕺𝖓𝖊
ᴠɪᴠɪᴅ

𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕺𝖓𝖊ᴠɪᴠɪᴅ

━━━━━━┓ ⸸ ┏━━━━━━

A long black car drove through the forest, it almost resembled a hearse, which was fitting given the family that sat inside.

Sunday sat next to her sister as she watched her parents serenade to one another, and unlike Wednesday, she found it romantic.

She was a hopeless romantic at heart, a sucker for gothic romance novels, though she did find that the frail and helpless female protagonist was often repetitive and burnt out. Sunday lived for the romances with a strong female lead and a man so helplessly in love he would die for her. That's what she loved about her parents.

She was brought back to reality by crows flying into the car, startling Sunday as they knocked on the windows in beat with the song. Ironically sombre, though she did worry about whether the crows were alright or not, leaning towards the window to look out. Seeing them lying flat on the road, she frowned.

"Darling... how long do you intend on giving us the cold shoulder?"

Sunday settled back in her seat when she heard her mother speak, turning her head to see her twin scowling at them.

"Sunday, please remind our parents that I am no longer speaking to them."

Sunday raised a brow at her, glancing at her mother who gave her a defeated look.

"Yeah, no, I think they caught that.."

Their father sighed and leaned forward, "I promise you my little vipers, you two will love Nevermore. Won't they Tish?"

"Of course they will, it's the perfect school for them--"

"Why?", Wednesday cut her off, "Because it was the perfect school for you? I have no interest in following in your footsteps. Becoming captain of the fencing team, Queen of the Dark Prom, president of the Séance Society..."

"I merely meant finally being among peers who understand you."

Sunday hummed in agreement, "I don't see why you put us in a normal school to begin with, it was dreadful, and not in the good way."

"You needn't worry about that any longer my little thorn, Nevermore is like no other boarding school. It's a magical place, it's where I met your mother...", Gomez turned to gaze tenderly at his wife as they were yet again sharing a moment, "... and we fell in love."

"You guys are making me nauseous. And not in a good way."

Sunday crinkled up her nose, pondering how feeling nauseous could ever be good.

"Darling, we aren't the ones that got you two expelled. That boy's family was going to file attempted murder charges. How would that have looked on your records?"