Chapter No 15 Now what

"If this was a mistake, we did it twice," he thought. "The cake is ready," said Jim, who came out of the kitchen.

"Come Mr. Easton, have some cake" she said smiling. He got up and went inside the Kitchen.

There was pregnant silence in the kitchen. They were eating but no one was really saying anything.

"So Mr. Easton, what brought you here?" asked Jim, smiling.

"She is my Fiancee, so I came here to pick her up for a family reunion" he said and a bite of cake got stuck inside Jim's throat. He looked at Matilda in rush. She was breathless.

"Fake Fiancee, he means fake fiancée" she said while looking at Easton.

"What do you mean by that?" said Jim while crossing his arms angrily.

"I am helping my boss," she said.

"Help like this?" he said, annoyed.

"That's my way," she said. Easton was looking at his plate without any expressions.

"Fine you win," he said while raising his hands.

"Should we go?" asked Easton without any expressions.

"I am coming too," said Jim. They both looked at him at the same time.

"No you can't," said Matilda.

"Why not? I really want to come," he said stubbornly.

"Because..."

"Let him come," said Easton, cutting her off.

"Fine" she said while exchanging looks with Mr. Easton.

******

It was a family feast, so everyone was there.

"Where is Sebastian?" she asked.

"You know his schedule, he went back to Italy" said Christina.

Jim walked beside Matilda, Easton had rolled his.

"Idiot," he muttered.

"Hello, you must be Matilda's brother, she always talks about," said Lorenzo. He and Matilda exchanged looks.

"No, No I am her friend," he said.

"Well a friend of Matilda most welcome at our home," said Christina. He smiled.

"So we are thinking of officially engaging you both," said Lorenzo.

"Yeah that would be better," said Christina. She looked at Me. Easton in a rush, who was calmed. He did not speak a word.

"I think Sunday would be the best," said christina..

"No, No," said Matilda. Everyone looked at her; Easton was as calm as before.

"I mean, I have something Urgent to do during Sunday," she said.

"Okay fine, then Tuesday, we will invite everyone and all of our business circle to make it official" said Lorenzo.

"Double cake in the family," said Lorenzo.

Matilda looked at Easton, who looked at her at the same moment.

"Easton you should go with Matilda and buy some stuff for your engagement" said Christina. Jim was looking at Matilda like he was looking at ghosts.

******

"Mr. Easton, you said we will break up and end this drama and now it is getting serious," she said while they were heading towards the car.

"Relax, I will manage this," he said without any expression.