28| my lucky pair of thongs

JESSICA DAVIS

JESSICA DAVIS

"I can't do this. If there's going to be an us, I want you with me, Jess. I want you to be with me as much as I want to be with you and that can't happen with Jace in the picture.

I'm not rushing you, I'm giving you space. Space to make up your mind about what you want and who you want to be with"

His words had been all she could think about since she left his place. She had felt giddy. So giddy at the genuineness in his words, at the soft touch of his thumb pads on her cheeks, at the warm smile he threw at her.

This time she wasn't imagining things. Seth--Seth wanted her and God, she wanted him just as much but the thing about her love for him was...

It was cursed. Illicit. Something that was never meant to happen and if it did happen, there was something bound to separate them.

She clutched her laptop looking at the
getthenewsheretoday.com on the screen. Her eyes blurred with tears as she read through what was written there and just down below was a picture of Jace and her kissing.

Her head throbbed, and her tears burnt her eyes as she covered her mouth to muffle a sob. This couldn't be happening. Not after her promise to Seth.

Not after she had told him, she wanted him. That it had always been him in her heart and mind. She reread the words again and again wondering how Seth would feel if he came across what had been written on the website.

Seth Cervantes raped Jessica Davis at the ripe age of seventeen. It's not a surprise that once more the Cervantes have been caught doing something heinous as such. From murder to bribery, to rape. How long will we let a couple of filthy rich aristocrats run LA? How long will we let the elites get away with everything simply because they have more money than us?

Jessica Davis might be the victim in all this but even she had no right to abort an innocent child. Are these the type of people we look up to? The people that we teach our kids to emulate and be like shortly?

And whilst all these go on, the said gentleman and lady are not only hooking-

She stopped reading it, tossing the laptop to the couch beside her. She hugged her knees tightly looking at nowhere in particular. Her apartment had never felt so small as it did now.

She felt like dying as her phone dinged one second after the other. She felt like screaming as she imagined everyone judging her. As she imagined everyone twisting their version of the story written on there.

"Jess! Jess, honey it's Olivia", Olivia knocked but Jessica didn't have an ounce of strength to move from where she was curled up.

"I'm coming in Jess"

And as soon as Olivia said that, the rattling of keys sounded as the door flew open.

"Oh honey", Olivia cried kneeling on the floor and placing a warm hand on her knees.