1. welcome to nevermore

S1E1

It's a stormy November morning when the students of Nevermore watch as a cherry red corvette pulls through the school gates

It's a stormy November morning when the students of Nevermore watch as a cherry red corvette pulls through the school gates. Rumors had been floating amongst them after a student had witnessed administrators clear out the room at the top of the highest tower, a room that had remained vacant for well over two decades.

The headmistress, a tall woman with shocking white hair and an overly fake smile, stands on the highest step by the front doors. At the bottom of the steps, the doors of a black hearse like vehicle swing open at the exact moment as the corvettes. From the black car, a family dressed in black and white steps out. The oldest child, a girl with a still face and stiff pig-tail braids, turns to watch as the occupants of the other vehicle exit one at a time. An elegant man steps from the driver side, moving to open the opposite door. Offering his hand, he helps a young girl-no older than 18- to step out. Immediately, the still faced girl's attention is brought to the young girl's hair. A starch white so blinding, it outshines the headmistress. A gasp draws everyone's attention away from the girl and to the woman in black.

"Luci? Is that you?" The woman says. A smile stretches across the tall man's face.

"Morticia," the man says, fondly. "Still as beautiful as a thorned rose after all these years."

"As charming as ever, Lucifer," Morticia smiles. A chorus of gasps ring out across the steps. "And this must be young Lilith." The man, now known as Lucifer, grins, two sharp fangs peeking out from behind his lips.

"Indeed," he places a hand softly on the girl's shoulder. "Lilith, I'd like you to meet an old friend of mine. Morticia and I attended Nevermore together, along with her husband Gomez and your mother. We were great friends."

"Hello," Lilith greets. Her voice like butter, soft and smooth.

"How is Kore, Lucifer?" The other man, Gomez, questions. A silence falls upon them.

"Oh dear," Morticia says.

"It's been just Lilith and I for a few years," Lucifer says. "But we know she's watching over us. Isn't that right, my little hellhound?"

"Right, Papa." A sad smile appears on the young girl's face.

"It seems that Weems is becoming impatient," Lucifer observes. The woman in question is still stood at the top of the steps, her eyes locked on her wristwatch and her right foot tapping against the stone. "Shall we?"

 "Shall we?"