6

"let's just keep this to ourselves? i don't want anyone to find out... especially nichols." i was down on my knees, looking up at luschek. i wanted oxy and we all know inmates don't have oxy money.

"we'll keep this a weekly thing then?" he asked

i nodded "yeah..."

                               ——————-

minutes later i left the electrical workshop and walked back into the prison. i grabbed my toiletry bag and i went to the bathroom and i brushed my teeth for what felt like forever.

i swallowed a pill with some water cupped in my hands from the sink.i splashed my face and fixed my hair before leaving the bathroom

nicky was waiting by the bathrooms exit. hopefully she didn't see the pill. i'm so fucked. she put her arm around my waist and we walked down the hallway and out to the yard together.

so, im assuming she didn't see anything... i know nichols, if she did she would've confronted me about it.. yeah, she would. we sat out in the yard until it was time to go back inside.. we talked about how our lives were on the outside and our families.. or what was left. it didn't feel like we were out there for 3 hours... it felt like 15 minutes. it was the most freedom we would get in this place... the fresh air was nice, even though it was noisy outside. the light breeze felt nice against my skin and the air smelled nice to. where im from, nothing was nice, it was all shit, but this place was actually an upgrade from where im from, even though i am incarcerated.