Chapter 9

| Admiring from afar |

-

Celebrating their success, they both watch their own movie together. Nunew's emotions are filled with joy.

Who wouldn't be happy, though?

achieving his dream with the person he loves. He surely is lucky.

Flashback: Nunew's Point of View

"Are you sure about this? Do you really think we can make it? I asked P'aof. I'm pretty sure I'm good at singing, but acting is really not for me."

"We don't have a choice, Nunew. You're pretty and smart, and you're perfect for that role." 

"What do you mean? We don't even have a story for that. We should ask our principal to change the genre." I was nervous and afraid of judgments. I don't want anyone to know about my gender identity. 

"Nunew, you can do it. We already have Park as your partner, but I'll give you some time to find someone with whom you feel comfortable."

Park has been a good friend of mine, but we're not that close. I can't just surrender my first kiss to someone. 

"Alright, I'll think about it."

We still have 10 months to prepare and complete our project. We haven't even started yet, and I've already lost hope. I can never make it, especially with my friend. It would be awkward between us.

...

Class ended, and time runs slower than before. I was drained and couldn't think straight. I saw myself standing in front of a classroom that was near the exit. I peeked out the window and saw that they were still having class.

A guy with glasses and a black surgical mask caught my attention. He was wearing a black and white hoodie. I can't see his face, but I'm pretty sure he was handsome.

I took out my phone and took a picture of him. I quickly sent it to P'aof without knowing.

My attention went back to that senior. The way he was writing and focusing up front is really attractive. I felt a smile form on my face.

I'm not sure about this, but I think he's the one that I'm looking for.

...

It has been seven months, and I still haven't decided. Everything is ready, and I'm the only one that they're waiting for. I still haven't worked up the courage to talk to that guy. 

For the past 7 months, all I did was admire him from afar. I've been planning to approach him today, but unfortunately he didn't come.

Today is supposed to be my deadline, and I was nervous as fuck. My hands started sweating. P'aof, who was behind me, has been giving me death stares. 

I begged him for another day, and luckily he agreed, but I'm getting kicked out of our project if I still haven't decided. He left me there, and I was just there, waiting for nothing. 

I looked back at the class and saw no one. I then decided to go inside. My heart nearly dropped as I saw him sitting in his usual place, all alone.

It's almost 1 p.m.; why is he alone?

I cleared my throat, took a deep breath, and made my way to him. My eyes widen as I see him take off his mask. I sat near him, but it seems like he didn't notice my presence.

"Hmm, such a beauty, wanna be an actor?" I want to dig my own grave after saying that. It's so embarrassing, but I have to do it. He coughs and puts back his mask.

Aow

I started talking to him and convinced him to be an actor in our movie. I don't want anyone. I only want him. I believe that everything will be successful with us having him.

I noticed that he has been eyeing me for a long time; we even have eye contacts. I tried my best to hide my embarrassment; I hope he didn't notice that. I want to look professional, at least to him.

My phone rang, breaking our conversation. It was P'aof. I don't want to go yet, but I also want to tell P'aof about this news. I got up and said goodbye. As soon as I got out of their room, I hurriedly ran to our studio. 

The door opened, and I hugged P'aof out of excitement. "P'aof, I made it." I burst out into tears. I feel like my heart is about to pop out of happiness.

I hope this movie will run smoothly.

- End of flashback