Chapter 2: Hitomi

Time skip

The now fifteen year old Hinata walked into the meeting hall followed by Daisuke.

The maids poured tea for the princess as Daisuke stood next to her seat.

The older ministers started the debate as Hinata paid no attention to it, her decision final in her head.

Hearing the greedy 'solution' for some small problem, she turned her head to her aide before rolling her eyes.

Daisuke but down on his lip, trying to hide his grin.

"Your hair has grown quite a bit." Her voice rang in his head.

"Yea..." He lightly touched it. "Does it look bad?"

"No." She spoke out loud, making the whole table silent, she faced the council before continuing, "The taxes will not be increased."

The minister grumbled under his breath.

"Do not swear." Hinata commanded, her voice cold. "And remember, I head everything." She spat. "You better keep you tongue in check."

The humiliated minister stormed away as the meeting came to an end.

"Where next?" The princess asked Daisuke.

"You have another meeting within a few minutes. You should wait here."

The knights and army leaders walked in as the second meeting started.

Time skip

Hinata pulled the hem of Daisuke's cloths, causing him to bend down, closer to her.

"Could you bring me wine?"

"Now?"

"Yes."

Daisuke sighed as he nodded.

He waited infront of the shop as the owner looked around for the needed item.

Two officials talked nearby in hushed voices but the prince could still hear them clearly.

"The second princess is much more capable of ruling Amaterasu rather than the first princess." The first official spoke.

"The first princess must be taken care of. Before the crowning ceremony." The other one continued. "Don't worry, I am sure she won't be a problem any longer."

The owner came back with the wine as Daisuke rushed back to the meeting hall with the wine.

The second he stepped inside the room, he saw a maid at Hinata's feet.

"Your highness- the princess- she-" The maid gasped for air.

Sensing the panic in her voice, Hinata dismissed the meeting and left for Hitomi's chambers.

"Do not let anyone enter the premises nor leave." Hinata's command rang in the prince's head.

He set up a barrier around the princess' estate. Trapping everyone.

Hinata burst into the first princess' room only to find a group of medics standing around.

"We did everything we could.." A nurse squeaked out fearfully as the they left.

"Hina..." Hitomi called out softly. "Come here."

The princess sat down next to the matress as the older girl smiled at her.

"You're going to be the crown princess. Aren't you excited?"

"No." She answered. "Who did this to you?"