~ Two ~

Later

You try avoiding everyone while cleaning, even if Usopp keeps whispering to your ear endlessly.

He still hasn't let go of the idea of slapping asses, and you start wondering where he came from that he ended up like this.

Sometimes you feel the greenette's gaze on yourself, but you don't dare to look at him.

"They will murder me in my sleep," you whisper.

"I'll burn them," answers Usopp passionately.

"You can barely light up a candle," you answer, shaking your head slightly.

"Who are you talking to?" jumps a boy closer to you. You take a step back when you recognize the nose-picker from earlier.

"Myself?" you answer with doubt, and he tilts his head.

Then you freeze down when he starts laughing sweetly and honestly.

"That's fine," he chuckles. "Bet you're an interesting one, then! I'm Luffy."

"Ping."

"Slap his ass!" rustles Usopp.

"I'm gonna slap yours," you huff back, earning another laugh from the young man.

"Not only insane, but you also look pretty weak," he says. "I hope you won't die in our first battle. Gotta watch out for you!"

You turn around, and your eyes meet Roronoa's killing glare again.

I knew it was a bad idea.

"I'm not sure I'll last until the first battle," you murmur.

Luffy smiles at you and helps to put the last basket in its place. His two friends come closer, and you blush, secretly looking for an escape route.

I should keep myself separated.

"So you met our little brother," grins the freckled one, messing up Luffy's hair, who pouts and hides it with his straw hat. "Isn't he just precious?"

"We should get going," interrupts the blonde, looking at the Sun to calculate the time. "Shouldn't anger Trafalgar more."

"He's so grumpy," chuckles Luffy. "I bet he wants lots of friends, but he's shy."

The blond man looks at you, and you scowl as you see the dark, crimson scar around his left eye. When his blue gaze starts to burn, you offer him your hand.

"I'm Ping," you say. "Nice to meet you."

"Everyone knows your name," laughs the freckled one. "We've been cursing it for an hour now."

Your hand drops, but it just makes them smile.

"I'm Sabo," says the blonde. "And he's Ace."

You nod silently, and he looks at you from head to foot one last time, then starts walking after the crowd.

After the other two men follow him like loyal ducklings, you join them.

Maybe Roronoa will let me live while I'm not alone.

"If you haven't been out often, I guess you don't know who Trafalgar is, right?" asks Sabo, glancing back at you.

"Should I?" you ask back carefully.

"His father is adopted by the Emperor," whispers Ace to your ear, like he's telling a secret. You jump from his closeness, which seems to entertain the young man. "Not royal blood, but he's considered a prince. He still chose the military life since that's what his dad does, leading the main force of the country."