As of Today, You are a Host!

Key:

Bold is people speaking in unison

Italics are emphasized phrases and thoughts (if it's someone thinking it will usually be followed by like 'They thought' or 'Inwardly groaned', etc.)

==================================================

"Aww, we were going to feature that Renaissance vase in an upcoming school auction!" One of the twins heads popped out above your shoulder.

"Oh now you've done it, commoners!" The other twin joined, looking at the mess below, "The bidding on that vase was supposed to start at eight million yen!"

"What—eight million?!" Haruhi shrilled, jumping back up with a start.

"How many thousand yen is that? How many thousands are in a million?" You mulled, shakily standing from the toppled end table.

You dusted yourselves off and fixed your sweaters. Your eyes flitted over to the posse of boys and gulped.

"We have no choice but to pay you back, huh?" You asked smally.

"With what money? You guys can't even afford a school uniform." The twins snorted.

"What do you think we should do, Tamaki?" The one with glasses asked, picking up a shard.

The tall blond, now known as Tamaki, eases himself back into his chair, violet eyes falling on you and Haruhi.

"There's a famous saying I'm sure you've heard before; When in Rome, do as the Romans do! Since you have no money, you can pay with your bodies," He smiled, "Starting today, you're the Host Club's dogs!"

                                                  ᆞᆞᆞ

You hated the fact that they were right. There was no way to pay them back through monetary means. You could give them the few yen that you had lying around in your wallet, but that would just make you feel insulted. You were sure they'd just laugh in your face. Tamaki was more than happy to give you tasks to make up for it. You may not look like a dog, but you'd be treated like one. A simple grocery run was deemed 'fetching a bone' by Tamaki. You were sure if he asked you to sit and roll over, he'd expect you to. Maybe the rich get a kick out of doing that to someone not of their standing.

The said 'fetching' that he had wanted you to do was nothing much in the eyes of you and Haruhi, but 'too much work' for the likes of him. Why do the work when he could sit around and be pretty? The thought of him made you roll your eyes as you and Haruhi made the trek back to school. All you had to do was go grab some sugar and coffee and a bottle of creamer. Simple enough. You were thinking he'd expecting something grand to be brought back to him; whole coffee beans that were beyond overpriced, an entire stalk of sugarcane that you'd squeeze the sugar out of yourself, and hell, maybe even expect you to milk a cow for fresh cream. Without sufficient funds from him and his little club, you and Haruhi could only buy what was most affordable with what you had on hand. You weren't going to be pleased if they made you go out again to get something else.

You won't deny that the trip wasn't the least bit of solace. You both took your time walking back, there was no rush to get back to your sealed fates. The bag of groceries swayed at your side with each step you took. You rounded the corner and entered the main gates to the school, passing the pond with a statue pissing into it and making your way up the stairs to the grandiose entrance.

"Are you sure you should have used your own money for that?"

You turned to look at your cousin. She wrung her hands out in front of her, but continued walking on.