4

" C L A S S E S "

"Umm...Can I help you?"

Marcus's eyes snapped open and landed on a young brunette wearing a Gryffindor robe. She pushed back her bushy hair behind an ear as she looked up at him in question.

Marcus smiled charmingly, holding out a hand, "Marcus Weasley, how do you do, my lady?"

"Hermione Granger, 2nd Year," She blushed wildly as she shook his hand, and he placed it gently on his lips before he released her.

"Well, Hermione, is it possible you can direct me to a head teacher?" Marcus requested politely as he gestured around helplessly, "I don't have my timetable and I seem to be lost and, well, you just witnessed my sense of direction."

Hermione giggled a little as she recalled, "Yes, the 'Eenie Meenie Miney mo' incident. I remember."

Marcus grinned sheepishly, "Hey, in my defense, 'eenie meenie miney mo' has never failed me!"

"Of course, of course," Hermione nodded her head in acknowledgement, "See, the science behind 'eenie meenie miney mo' is just immaculate- so much so, the human mind is incapable-"

"Alright! Alright! I admit defeat!" Marcus groaned as he held up both hands in surrender, "Gosh, it's been a while since I've bickered with someone of your IQ. All the people I work with a idiots. Remarkable, honestly."

Hermione flushed red at the sudden complement, lowering her head to hide her face. Marcus grinned at the reaction- how refreshing. Clearing her throat, she started walking ahead of him, "Come, I'll take you to Professor McGonagall. She's the Head of Gryffindor and the Transfiguration professor."

~ ~ ~ 

Marcus chuckled at the snarky comment Hermione had muttered as an older student bumped into her, "Goodness, Hermione. I like you- you remind me of my sister."

"Ginny?" Hermione asked, confused and a tad curious. She wasn't pretty like Ginny and Ginny sure as hell wasn't as smart as her.

"Who?" Marcus asked in confusion before his blood relative dawned on him, "Oh, Ginny! Yeah, no. I've never really met Ginny- I meant Andrea, she's older than me and lives in Italy."

"Is she a muggle?" Hermione asked curiosity officially peaked as she turned to look at Marcus. She was surprised to see a gentle smile on his face as he looked genuinely happy at some memory.

Marcus nodded with a smile, "She is- but that never stopped her from whopping my behind whenever we fought."

Hermione giggled at the thought- a strong and handsome person like Marcus getting whopped by a girl? Who exactly is this woman?

Marcus seemed to read her mind because he grinned, "Don't underestimate her wrath lest you wish to be on the receiving end of said wrath- believe me, I speak from experience."