Dreamscape

Note: I wasn't a big fan of the Warden's initial dreamscape scene though I understand why it was generic. After some thought I decided to create my own.

I am also taking a little creative licensing as although my Warden is a Rogue I am also having her be able to do spells.  My theory is that in her Clan, even though they only claim to have 3 magic users they actually train others in different skills e.g. warriors, etc though they do still have some magic training.  Not all Clans do this and those that do do not announce it as they don't want to risk Human Templars finding out and hunting them down.

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

Startled into a sitting position Lyna looked at her surroundings confused.  Where am I? There was something I...... Try as she might her thoughts seemed to slip away as water slips through fingers.  The harder she tried to remember the quicker her thoughts fled.  Carefully she studied her surroundings, recognising the bear fur that she was under and the Halla carving that was on the ground next to a small bag.  This was the Aravel that she shared with Ashalle.  Slowly Lyna extracated herself from the fur and sleeping mat, noticing that the other mat was empty.  Ashalle must be up already. How late in the day is it? Picking up her daggers and sliding them into place she spotted her bow and quiver of arrows at the entrance. 
Deciding that a hunt would help dispell the strange sense of unease that had fallen over her she collected them on her way out.

As she left the Aravel and walked through her clans camp she felt the unease even more.  Something seemed amiss though she couldn't put her finger on what.   She greeted many of the Dalish as she walked, looking for Keeper Marethari as she would need her permission to go on a hunt, especially a solo hunt.  Noticing the white haired older women Lyna was on the verge of calling out when she stopped herself, realising that she was about to call out the name Wynn.  Why does that name feel so familiar? I do not know anyone with that name.  Shaking her head to dislodge the name the young Elf approached the woman.

"Keeper Marethari." She greeted warmly.

"Dalen! How are you settling back in with the Clan?" the Keeper asked kindly, her face showing nothing but warmth to Lyna. "We are eternally grateful to the Creators that you have returned to us".

"I um......I'm not sure.  It feels strange being here.  I feel as though......there is........something.........  It's as though I'm forgetting something............ important......" Lyna trailed off, unsure how to put the uneasy feeling into words.  Hopefully the Keeper can understand, she thought.  "I can't help but feel that there is somewhere else I should be".

"Nonesense Dalen! You are right where you should be.  The Clan has missed you since you left with the Grey Warden.  Finally we are whole again." Marethari said firmly.  

"But if I did not go I would be dead from the taint.......or worse."  She shuddered at the thought of what could have happened to her.  "You said so yourself.  Only by joining the Grey Warden's would I be saved".

"And so you have been"Marethari nodded in agreement with Lyna. "Though it did not lessen the loss we all felt whilst you were gone.  And now that you have stopped the Blight and returned to us we are whole again".  

"I stopped the Blight?"  Clutching her hands to her head Lyna tried to remember. "But I ........ Why can't I remember?  I don't........."  Lyna struggled to remember but had no recollection of returning to her Clan let alone ending the Blight.

"Of course you did Ma Vhenan.  I was there." a cheery but painfully familiar voice said from behind her.  "You chopped off the Archdemons head but were knocked out by the things death throws.  You must have done some damage to your memories.  We've had this conversation a few times.  You'll remember soon.  Those Mages that helped you thought that it would be best for you to return to the Clan.  They said it would help you heal".