𝚂𝚝𝚘𝚘𝚠𝚊𝚛𝚋 𝚡 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚛 || My heart sings out to you

well your kinda turned into reality 😈

Reader will use they/them
Non-binary reader.
Reader will also sing (sorry for the cringe ahead)
(Parlsona will shit talk about you being non-binary so beware!)

This will have a little angst because it's about time I write some angst.

Inspired by the song "This is home" by Cavetown.

High school AU
///////

Monster high.
That was the name of the school for monsters like us.
What was I?
I was a (your monster oc (because I won't force you to look like something)) and I was either liked or disliked.  Well, who wouldn't like me?  I have such a...weird personality, but I have such a nice aura that draws people in.  Lately, I've been informed by a good friend of mine, which was humbug, that there was a new group that formed.

The werdos.

Those four were extremely popular.  Tawkerr, Maggpi, Parlsona, and finally...
Stoowarb.
How I loved that guy.
Stoowarb is lovely like roses.
I'm way out of his league though.
I mean, who would love a stupid monster like me?

Anyways, so apparently this school was rich enough for dorms.
And I just so happen to room with one of the werdos.
Parlsona.
I mean, she isn't bad, but she gets on my nerves.
She talks too much and she um...
gossips about the other monsters.
Luckily our dorms are split into two, but the worst part is I'm near the boys dorm.
And they're loud.
And who would of guessed stoowarb's dorm is very close to mines.

"I can't believe (Y/N) is your dormmate!" A voice, most likely PomPom.
"Yeah, they're weird.  They use weird pronouns too, why can't she just be normal like us and go by female?" I definitely knew it was Parlsona...
"Yeah! Hahaha!"

...
I don't want to...I...
This is who I am though...
I don't want to associate with both of those...
I just want to feel like myself...
Why are they invalidating me..?
...
I'm just gonna sing to ease my mind.  My mind isn't in the right spot right now...

I dimmed the lights that was next to me.  I moved away from the wall and grabbed a candle.  I lit the candle.  Gives me...home.  I slowly moved from the candle and grabbed my guitar.  I sat down on my bed and started to play the melody.
The melody.
To a song.
The melody.
Of 'This is home.'
My hands go across the strings as I change the notes.  I couldn't care less if those bastards can hear me.  I hate them.  Hate is a strong word, but now's the time to use the terminology.  I hate them with all my guts.  My head is counting the rests in the measures.  One..two..three..four....
Then...
My voice comes in.