The Happily Ever After

Part 28 (3 of 3)

Part 1-27 are in @fictionalfanbase - on instagram- and I'm posting them here now because I can't post them there anymore.

•||• Enjoy and FeedBack! •||•

Peeta and I walk in, our bodies never straying away from each other. Like we need each other for survival and we do. The room is magnificent! There's a huge ballroom and light, shiny fabric drooping down from the ceiling. The tables and chairs have white cloth on top with a blood red bow on the back of the chairs and blood red flowers in vases. Peeta tightens his grip on my arm, knowing these bring him memories. I cradle his face and coo,"It's all right. Shh shh." He gazes into my eyes and nods, telling me he is ok. People scream and shout our names, saying congratulations, brushing cheeks and arms. We walk to the center of the dance floor where a spotlight is shining down on us. For our first dance I had them play 'Turning Page- Sleeping at Last'. I place my hand in his and his arm circles my hip, pulling me close. I rest my head on his shoulder and he sings to me 'Turning Page'.

"Your love is my turning page. Where only the sweetest words remain," he coos. His voice is like honey, sweet and soft engulfing me in a haze. Only do I look up when Gale comes and asks me for a dance. Like the gentleman Peeta is he gives me away and Peeta goes and grabs Effie to dance. "Katniss I'm moving back to District 12,"he says. I gasp and make my eyes meet him. I just stare, saying nothing. He pulls away and says," Better get you back to Peeta. See you later Catnip." I stand there in the middle of the ballroom speechless 'til Peeta comes to my rescue. He pulls the corners of my mouth up telling me to smile. We dance and now it's cake time. Our cake is three tiers with delicate piping using sunset orange frosting and little green pearls on the base if each tier. I didn't think these colors would work but they managed it. As usual we shove cake in each others faces, dance more then are ushered to the train car for our honeymoon. But as we board Annie comes up and it's like I'm Annie seeing Finnick grow. Him taking his first steps, calling out Daddy and Mommy even though his dad isn't there. Finnick graduating school and taking care of his mother. Finnick Jr. looking exactly like Finn. Bronze hair, tan skin, dazzling white smile. Many good things are to come of this baby. Annie says have a safe trip and have fun and shes gone. We board the train and are off to the surprise destination.

#fanbasestories