| discontinuation |

Hello everyone,

It's been a while. And by 'a while', I mean I haven't updated this fanfiction in over two years.

I can only apologise that it has taken me this long to finally make a decision on what to do with this story. I kept thinking that the motivation to write it would come back if I watched the film again or listened to some 80s music, but it never did.

The problem is that, because I have chosen to base this on the book, I have subjected myself to combing through and keeping the continuity of very dense detail. It stopped being fun because, honestly, I liked the book when I read it, but I never loved it and my passion for it is lost.

I am so sorry to those of you who have enjoyed reading this story and I am incredibly grateful for all of the votes and comments that you have left. I had hoped that they would raise my motivation too but, alas, no.

If there is any spark of good news out of this, it is that I was already planning to write an alternative version based on the film. The opening will be very similar, with a little improvement, and Demelza Leigh-Cane/Ak3l4 will still be the main character. The events of the fanfiction and the love interest will change.

I will be leaving these few chapters up because I am proud of them. Ready Player One is a pretty niche fandom when it comes to fanfiction so I want to leave as much of it out in the world as possible. I can't say when I will begin writing or uploading the alternative version - undoubtedly whenever my motivation feels like it.

Thank you again for all of the love and support before now. I hope that you can enjoy the alternative as much as this.

My Love, Always.

~ Ophelia X

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐇𝐎𝐍𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐀𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐆𝐒𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐒 || ready player one [DISCONTINUED] 🎉