warm blanket

"hello miss-" mattie starts talking while i just look up at lizzie.

"olsen sweetie, but you can call me lizzie" she held her hand out to him bending down to our hight as we were still seated. mattie shakes her hand with a smile and looks to me who still hasn't said anything.

"hi" i whispered not meeting her eyes. she puts a hand on my knee making me look at her.

"whats happened, you guys locked out?" she asked softly.

"yeah, my dad and step mum went to the pub while we were out. i didnt have my keys" i explained quietly. "the fence was to wet and tall to climb over, but atleast we're kinda out of the rain" it was windy so there really wasnt anywhere you would be out from the rain unless you were inside.

"did you want to come to mine, a warm drink and you'd out of the rain. you can leave once your parents get home if you want" lizzie asked.

"lizzie, i cant intrude in your home. i-" i looked over to mattie, he was shivering his lips a bit blue trying to grasp at the warmth in my hoodie. i sighed, it was cruel to keep him out here when theres an offer to go inside. "just for a bit if its okay with you" i said finally looking lizzie in the eyes.

"i wouldn't have offered if it wasn't, warning tho, roses mum and brother are over, their eating in the loungeroom but we dont have to go in there if you two aren't comfortable" oh god. this is going to be embarrassing.

i just hummed in response as we all walked across the street to lizzies house. she went in and i herd rose and who i assumed to be her mother towards the back of the house. mattie grabbed my hand so i squeezed his following lizzie.

she lead us to the kitchen motioning for us to sit at the bench as she disappeared down the hall reappearing with 2 blankets. "hot chocolate or tea?" mattie looked up at me and i nodded.

"hot chocolate please miss" he said swivelling slightly side to side on the bar chairs. lizzie starts getting all the stuff out as she looks at me for a response. i shrugged tiredly not really minding. so she starts to make the drinks before saying she will be back.

i grabbed one of the blankets wrapping it around matties shoulders before doing the same for myself lying my head on the bench top.

lizzies pov

i boil the water for hot chocolate before walking to the lounge room to ask the others if they want any. "hot chocolates anyone"

"sure" "yeah" "please" was all their answers. make that 6 drinks i gotta make. scarlett stands up walking over to me.

"soooo" she started, following me to the kitchen to help with the drinks

"their in the kitchen" i said a bit quieter

"you kidnapped them"

"no, i know y/n. as does rose, it was a willing commute" i rolled my eyes at scarlett as we walked into the kitchen. she raises her hands in defence. when we walk in mattie is moving side to side on his chair and y/n doing something different had her head down on the bench.

i poured the drinks as i introduced them all. mattie was very polite whereas i could tell y/n was tired. grabbing various different ingredients i put together all the drinks before handing 3 to scarlett to take to the others while i sat across from these two. i placed a drink next to y/ns head and her head snaps up flinching at the sudden placement. weird.

"sorry, i just saw something infront of my face and i was confused" she said sitting up readjusting the blanket and taking a sip. mattie was happily drinking his using both hands to lift the cup.

she brought her feet up on the chair wrapping the blanket around her legs aswell tucking it between her knees so she can use her hands to drink the warm drink. "thank you lizzie" she said quietly with a small smile. i could tell she was still embarrassed about being stuck in the rain but it happens to everyone.

suddenly she remembers something and puts the drink down going over to her bag she kneels down opening it and pulling out a folder. she pulls out a couple drawings which might i add are incredibly detailed and bloody amazing. she goes through them all sighing and closing the folder again.

"whats up" i ask as she resumes her spot taking another sip.

"some of my drawings have gotten wet and the corners have water damage so the ink and led have bled. its fine i just have to fix them or redraw for the weekend" she says kinda zoning out thinking about it. she snaps out a second later. checking the time.

someone walks in from the lounge and i look over to see rose. "hey y/n, whos this" she said motioning her head to the little boy.

y/n pov

rose walked in and i smiled at her starting to feel awkward. "my step brother, matthew" i said making the blond nod.

"cool, did u do the science homework, cause i haven't and its due tomorrow". the fuck.

"we had homework" i said blankly in shock. rose who had taken a seat next to me laughed and nodded. sir said that if i missed one more homework assignment id probably fail.

"wanna do it now then" i nodded and soon after grabbing our things we started. 10 minutes later mattie finally finished his drink and was about to grab the crayons out of my bag again when roses mother came in with a boy his age hiding behind an ipad.

long story short they are now playing minecraft.

-------------------------

it wasn't until 10pm when my dad texted me asking where mattie was, not me he didnt care about that. rose and i had finished the homework an hour ago and were just talking so i excused myself going to fine mattie and lizzie.