Chapter 8

Vegas' P.O.V

I pulled Pete to my side and wrapped my arms protectively around him. The guy just kept staring at me and I wasn't backing down either. Finally after a few seconds, Pete, sensing the rising tension, introduced us to each other.

Apparently his name is Athit and he was also kidnapped by the same person who kidnapped Pete and Porchay. I just nod at him and turn my attention back to Pete, after he finished introducing me.

I tell Nop to search the whole area and find out who was behind this. After giving out my orders, I brought Pete to the safety of our cars. I sent Porche back with seven of my bodyguards to the main house and took Pete with me. But before we got in he stopped. Confused and concerned, I ask him why he did that.

"Are you okay? What happened? Why did you stop?" I check him for injuries and was totally wrenched to see he was full of cuts and bruises.

He signed and pulled my arms to his side.
"I'm fine. I just..."

"Just?" I was really confused at this point

"We should bring Athit with us"

"What?! Why?! No!" What the hell is he thinking? Why would I want to take him with me.

"Because he saved me! Please? I know you don't like him but I need to repay him back." He gave me those puppy eyes, knowing I wouldn't be able to say no to him.

"Fine." I huffed and got inside the car. I told my men to take him in another car. There's no way in hell I'll allow him to be in the same space as Pete.

We reached home after 40 mins and by then Pete had already fallen asleep. I gently removed his bangs covering his eyes. It felt like somebody was pouring acid on my heart, seeing him like this. All bruised and messed up.

I don't know what happened to him there but once I find who did this they would wish they were dead.

I then gently picked him up and carried him to our bedroom, fearing that I would wake him up, but I was glad that didn't happen. I, ever so slowly removed his clothes, one by one, layer by layer, until he lay naked on our bed.

I covered him with the comforter and went to fetch some water, warm towels and first aid kit. I wiped down his whole body applied medicines and dressed him back up. Once he was all done, I went to take a quick bath.

During the shower I kept think about the Athit guy. Something seems so off about him, I just couldn't point my finger on it. He seemed nice on the outside, but his evil stare tells me otherwise. It concerns me, especially since it includes Pete.

I came out of the shower and without making any noise, discreetly left the room. I called Nop once I was in a safe distance and told him to do a background check on him. I also asked for update on the kidnapper but so far no luck. I guess I'll have to ask Pete tomorrow.

I went back to our room and lay besides him. He looks so innocent and defenceless. If you would've told me a year ago that I'll madly fall in love with this person I would have killed you. But here I am laying all bare for him and only him. Now he's not a part of my soul, but my soul itself.

I put my arms around him and hug him as gently as possible so it wouldn't hurt him. A few seconds later, his arms are wrapped around my torso and his legs are intertwined with mine. I rub his cute dimples with my thumb and kiss his forehead, then fell into the dark abyss of sleep.

The next morning when I woke up Pete wasn't there. I immediately began to panic. I put on my robe and headed downstairs and I saw him in the balcony talking to someone.

My panic instantly dissolved into relief and then anger, once I saw who he was talking to. I paced to him and immediately put my arms around his waist. At first he flinched but his defence melted away when he saw me.

He gave one of his cute smile with his deep dimples popping in. It took a lot of self control not to take him right there and then. Instead I kissed his cheeks and smiled back.

"What are you doing here? I got worried."

"Sorry I was hungry so I came to get some food." He paused for a split second, "Oh and I met Athit, so we were just chatting until our breakfast got ready."

God I hate that name, I internally groaned. I looked at him and he gave me a big smile, replacing his menacing stare from yesterday. I felt very creepy but I decided not to act on my suspicious just yet. My only goal right now was to keep Pete safe. From anything and anyone.

I nodded back and dragged Pete to the dinning table. Just at the exact moment our food was served, before Pete could question or complain anymore.

Food is Pete's soul. I sometimes genuinely wonder if I come second to Pete. Has food replaced my place in his life or was I always second to it? I don't know but I do know he loves food too much to lecture me.

Athit sat with us too and I instantly started seething. Not because he sat with us but where he sat.

I really don't like this guy.

_______________________________________

Hi guys so how was the chapter? P.S. Its unedited so there might be some mistakes. Other than that I hope you have a lovely week. bye 🤞👋

 bye 🤞👋

💀😭