Your Knight (Stolas)🥀🌺

Request for @kittylove32 !!

Talons clicking against the short stairs, your black-tipped tail feathers dusted the steps. Your hand lightly held onto the golden handrail as the warm colors beamed from beyond the stained glass doors. The ivory and leaves rustled quietly as the wind blew gently.

Stella had called you about a month or two ago inviting you over for a weekend. She talked of a grand party, extravagant dinner, spectacular treatment, and good ol' sisterly quality time. "I wanted you to see the parties I host with your own eyes! Stolas actually agreed to this one, so you just know the turnout will be great! I'm so sorry for not inviting you sooner, it's such a hassle to get him to agree to anything I want. Oh, Y/N, I promise you won't regret it!" You wouldn't regret it, but you weren't exactly the most excited to see someone.
Faint yelling can be heard from the inside, it sounded to be coming from a very unhappy woman. The irritated yelling became louder as a dark silhouette appeared in the glass. The doors flew open. "Oh my dear sister, I've been awaiting your arrival!" A pair of arms wearing black gloves wrapped around you in a warm embrace, the tips of sharp claws putting faint pressure on your shoulders. "Hello Stella! It's a pleasure as always!" You hug her back, happy to see your sister once again.
She smiled, a genuine one, something rare from her. After she married Stolas of the Goetia family, Stella had grown more and more bitter over the years. She was always a bit snappy, but it only increased as the years went by in her loveless marriage to Stolas. Prince Stolas. That owl-like demon prince with red eyes that you knew him all too well.
You knew those glowing crimson eyes from your childhood, the memories you cherished with someone you could confide in; someone you knew, an old friend, or maybe even the one that got away. The one you were meant to marry before your parents pulled the rug from under you and sent you spinning. It's all on the past now, you told yourself despite the wound still being sore all these years later. No matter how much you convinced yourself the wound healed, you knew seeing him now would rip it open once again.

Your sister released you and ushered you inside, closing the door behind you. "It's been too long! I have a whole itinerary planned for us, I want to spend as much time together as possible- I've even got Stolas to sleep on the couch so we could lay together! Ahh, just like when we were chicks." You smiled and feigned a laugh, pretending it was humorous she demoted her husband to the couch like a dog when it really just saddened you to see him treated so poorly. She put a hand on your shoulder, looking at you from under her long eyelashes, " I'm really glad you're here, sis. I've missed you." You smiled and grabbed her forearm gently, "I've missed you too."
Despite her anger and violent outbursts, Stella was always kind to you. She always stuck up for you when your brother picked on you, when mom was too hard on you, and she always let you play with her dolls. Maybe it was because you were twins, but Stella never let you get stepped on.
"Mum, is Aunt Y/N here yet?" A monotone voice echoed from above the stairs. "Octavia dearest!" You exclaim, arms out and ready to hug your niece. The stoic expression on her face changed to a child-like smile as she hurried down the staircase to hug you. "My, is this a new hat? I think you'd look amazing in a pink one!" She tucked a strand of hair back, "oh yeah, my dad said it suited me... do you like it?" "Like it? I love it!" You loved seeing Octavia. You wanted to shower her with love every time you saw her. You knew she came from a broken family and you wanted her to feel loved, to feel wanted, and even if she already felt that way, you wanted her to know she was loved.
You let go and smiled, "I'll let you get back to your music now. I know how much you like those bands." She smiled and brushed her hair back again, "Okay Auntie, I'll see you later!" You waved as she went back, Stella coming close to you once again. "She's 17 now, in her edgy-emo phase." She commented. "I remember when you had that same phase." You laughed in embarrassment. "Oh please, remember when I dyed a streak in my feathers? Mum was furious!" You two laughed at the memories. Despite having a rough childhood, you did have the good memories. Good memories...