[1] - The Crab

This scene goes way back in 2008, back at the territory....

WARNING! VIOLENCE IS MENTIONED IN THIS CHAPTER!

*******************************

"No!" Ayla pleaded. "I don't want to do it. They aren't good" 

"How dare you, you piece of shit!" Morrius said, laying a hard swats on her 45 pound body. Her cries seemed to be inaudible to him as he continued laid hard and stinging right hands all over her. 

"You don't tell me what to do! You listen to me! I am the King of Drug Mafias and I take no orders from anyone especially from a piss ant junk like you" Morrius said, pinching her skinny arm, giving her no mercy. 

Ayla yelled in pain, her other hand trying to push away his fingers that were bigger than her whole hand.

"You should be grateful that I even agreed to keep you alive! If it weren't for these stupid customs, you would've been dead by now!" Morrius said, grabbing the back of her neck and shaking her vigorously. 

"You see these tiny fingers?" Morrius said, letting go of his pinch, reaching for her tiny fingers that were just as big as a match stick. "I would have snapped them off their sockets, cut them into tiny pieces right in front of your eyes and make you eat them" 

Ayla's eyes widen upon hearing his threats. The grip he had around her fingers we too tight that it seemed like they might just snap in half. 

"You wanna see that happen now?" Morrius threatened. 

Ayla was quick to shake her head, sniffing her phlegm and crying in pain. Her lips shivered in fear as Morrius's eyes pierced hers', looking at her with an over bound rage.

"I think otherwise. I think you need to learn a lesson" Morrius smirked. The smirk never fails to intimidate her.

"No, please. I'm sorry" Ayla pleaded, trying her best to wiggle out of his grip but he was too strong for her to overpower him. 

"Unfortunately, sweetheart. I don't accept your apology and I think you deserve a lesson" Morrius's smirk got wider as he tighten his grip around her index finger. His eyes never left her face that was pale and shivering in fear, her screams were music to his ears. Her pleading eyes gave him a whole lot of satisfaction. He wrapped his fingers tighter around her finger, ready to snap it off.

Ayla's heart pounded as she felt his fingers around her index finger, her screams got a lot more hysterical, crying out for help that she knew she wasn't gonna get. No one ever dares to interrupt the King of Drug Mafias. 

Just as she felt her finger was extended to the back a little, Morrius paused, his smirk got wider.

"Nah, I'm not gonna do it today" Morrius said, letting go of her finger. However, the grip on the back of her neck was never let go. "You need a bigger lesson. It's the last time you will ever tell me what to do"

He lifted her up and put her on his shoulder like a sack of potatoes. He swatted hard on her butt when she wiggled, trying to jump off his shoulders and kept hitting his back with her not so energetic hands.

Ayla's eyes widen when Morrius came to a halt in front of the deep and dirty lake which was right behind the Lude's mansion. No one in the territory ever dared to go anywhere near the lake as it is known for it's toxic and contaminated condition. It has thick layers of scum, unknown species of killer kinda fishes and other dangerous marine life that who on earth knows does what. 

It's smell itself was enough to kill someone, let alone to step foot into it. 

Morrius's smirk got wider as he grabbed Ayla by her waist and lifted her up so she came eye to eye with him. Her trembling hands and shivering lips told the whole story of the fear she had at the moment. 

Ayla clutched onto Morrius's shirt as went head to head with her, her eyes silently pleading that he wouldn't do it. 

"This will be the biggest lesson of your life. You'll learn not to go against me ever again. Ever" Morrius growled, his nails dug deep into her waist. He didn't waste any time as he took a step back and swung her along before throwing her off into the deep mossy lake, her screams seemed faint to her ears. He cackled with his hands clutched to his waist as Ayla fell into the lake with a huge splash.

He lingered there for a moment, enjoying her struggles as she threw up her hands, trying to swim up to the surface but she could barely hold on for a second. He spat a pathetic look and a wide smirk formed at the corner of his lips before he turned around to leave with satisfaction. 

Ayla tried her best to push herself up to the surface but she felt tiny bites and scratches all over her body that made it harder for her to concentrate. 

"Ayla!" Ayla heard a voice that she immediately knew who it was. The only person who'd call her by her name in her entire life, her sister, Hayley Lude, who is the actual daughter of Morrius Lude.

The algae that covered her eyes made it hard for Ayla to see from where was Hayley calling for her. She felt dirty water enter her mouth no matter how hard she tries to spit them out. 

"Hang on, Ayla! I'm coming for you" Hayley said, as she took off her shoes and her overcoat. And without hesitation, she jumped into the dirty lake, swimming as fast as she can towards her sister. She got hold of Ayla who was screaming in agony, pulling her back to safety. 

Hayley pushed Ayla up to the surface, before climbing up herself and patted on Ayla's back. Ayla coughed up, gasping for breath between her screams. 

"Relax, relax. You're safe now. I got you, baby sis" Hayley bent forward and attached her forehead with Ayla's, rubbing the back of Ayla's head.

"Hayley. My stomach" Ayla said through her cries, catching Hayley's attention. Hayley frowned and turned Ayla around so she could see her stomach. Her heart almost left her body as she eyed the bloody stomach that had Ayla's flesh exposed. 

"Jesus Christ" Hayley slurred, getting up in a jiffy. She quickly pulled Ayla up and put her arm around her shoulder before dragging her sister towards the abandoned garage nearby. She carefully sat Ayla on a stool before slowly lifting up Ayla's holed shirt. She almost threw up when she saw Ayla's flesh cocking out of its ripped skin. 

"Ayla, what happened?" Hayley asked.

"A crab bit me" Ayla said, her voice was really faint, Hayley had to squint her eyes and bring her ear nearer to hear her sister out. 

Hayley panicked. The amount of blood flowing out of Ayla's stomach really worried her. She scurried around, trying to find something that would help stop the bleeding. She found an old rug and balled it up before pressing it over Ayla's stomach. 

Ayla yelled as she felt the rough surface of the rug made contact with her skin. She ignored Hayley's cries, telling her to calm down as her mind wasn't able to drift away from the pain on her stomach. 

"It isn't stopping. We need to stitch it up" Hayley suggested. 

"How?" Ayla asked. 

"Let me find something" Hayley said, going through the dozens of dusty boxes, trying to find anything useful. 

"Did you find any?" Ayla asked after some time when Hayley stood there, quiet.

 Hayley turned around, biting her lower lip as she lifted up the needle and thread in her hands. Ayla's eyes widen as she saw how thick the thread was. 

"I don't know if I should-"

"Do it, Hayley. Please" Ayla pleaded. 

Hayley couldn't control her tears anymore as she took slow steps towards her sister who was coughing up bad. Here goes nothing.........

**************************

Author's note: 

Hey people! This scene takes way back in time, where Ayla first got her fear of crabs. There were requests on more of the life at the territory, so here's one. I have no specific days that I'd update this book, so this one is just for fun. Let's see how it goes. 

Do let me know in the comments on what you think of this part. Oh, and Merry Christmas everybody!

Signing out,

Veena

(Date:24/12/22)

(Word count : 1415)