Chapter 15. Time to welcome the baby

Previously, we saw that Deepa's father, mother, and brother came to Mumbai to celebrate Diwali with Rishi and Deepa. When they came to Mumbai, they were received by Rishi at CST station. That day, Deepa cooked some food for all of them for dinner. The next day, they did some shopping for Diwali, and during the weekend, they had a tour around Mumbai. They all celebrated Diwali with joy and happiness, and after 4 days, Jayraj, Parvathi, and Ashwin were left to their natives. Let's see what happened next.

  The time was 3.15 p.m.; in Rishi's office, we see that Arvind's fingers were still and he was thinking about something. He was quite tensed about something. Rishi saw him and asked him, "Hey Arvind, what happened?" Arvind replied, "Nothing," and Rishi then replied, "I can see that you are tense about something. Just tell me what happened." Arvind then replied, "I was thinking whether I need to cancel the baby shower function or not." After hearing it, Rishi asks him in a confused state, "Cancel the baby shower function! Are you mad or what?" After hearing Rishi's voice, Akshaya, Ibrahim, and Sunny ask in chorus, "Hey Rishi, what happened?" Rishi replied, "Arvind is planning to cancel the baby shower function." After hearing it, all of them got shocked, and they started to ask Arvind why he was planning to cancel the baby shower function.

  Arvind then started saying, "See, yesterday I tried to inform my parents about the baby shower function as well as Shahina's parents. I thought it would be super if our parents were present at the baby shower function. I know that they will be angry, but I have confidence that I will manage to convince them somehow. When I told my parents about the baby shower, they simply asked, "Why are you telling us this? That time, I realised they disowned me as a son. After then, I informed Shahina's family about the baby shower function; they told me that the girl who dishonoured our family should not come to her baby shower function. We don't care whether she lives or dies. After hearing it, I got angry at them and shouted at them. When I told this to Shahina, it resulted in a fight between us this morning. After all these things, why should I keep the baby shower function?"

  After hearing it, Akshaya replied, "Arvind for this simple reason you are going to cancel this function. After all, you both had a registered marriage against both of your parent's wills. So, they still have anger on both of you that doesn't mean you need to cancel the baby shower function totally." Then Ibrahim says, "Arvind, just understand for whom you going to arrange this function." After that, Sunny replied, "I am younger than you but I am only saying this Arvind bro you are wrong here." Rishi then started to say, "Arvind among us, you are the only person who takes the right decision most of the time. Now you are making the wrong foot, don't cancel this function. It is an important function in Shahina's life. When you go home after office, ask her a sorry." After hearing all of their words, Arvind realized he did a mistake and he says, "I was only wrong, I shouldn't think about cancelling the function for this simple reason." Akshaya then replied, "Hmm, you understand your mistake now just think about how you going to hold this function." After that, they all returned to their workplace.

  After some time, Arvind's work time came to an end, and he came home. When he came home, we saw that Shahina was sitting on the sofa, watching some television. It was her 35th week of pregnancy. When she saw Arvind coming, she switched off the television and went to the bedroom. After seeing Shahina go to the bedroom, he understood that Shahina was still angry. He then headed to the bedroom to check out Shahina. When he entered the bedroom, he saw that Shahina was sitting on the bed and checking her social media account on her phone. Shahina saw Arvind enter the room, but she ignored him. Arvind came near the bed and sat beside her.

  He then started saying, "Shahina, I am very sorry for that morning's incident. I shouldn't have taken that thing seriously. I got angry because your parents told me that they don't care whether you live or die. I tried to convince our parents so that we could celebrate the baby shower function with our parent's blessing. But please forgive me for that. Kindly say anything, Shahina." Then Shahina started saying, "What are you expecting me to say? Arvind, you know it's been two years since we went against our parents. We know that they still have anger towards us. If we ask them to come to the baby shower function, their answer will be either yes or no. We shouldn't consider the comments they make about us." For that, Arvind replied, "They are saying that they don't care whether we live or die. How are you expecting me to react?" She said, "You don't need to react at all. One day, our parents will know their mistake. We need to prioritise our lives only now; we are going to have a child now."