.little girl lost

platonic cg!steve and little!robin
requested by @dojaverse_

steve was in his empty, open kitchen doing the dishes when he heard a faint knock on the door. the knock being followed by a choked sob, that sounded like none other than robin. he quickly jogged to the door, drying his hands on his pants as he unlocked the door and let robin inside.

"robbie, how did you get here?" steve asked worriedly, pulling robin into a tight hug despite her being soaking wet from the downpour outside.

robin sobbed, choking back another with a hiccup as she looked up at steve and wiped her eyes. "i-i don't know, stevie. can't remember." she looked down at her shoes, wiping her nose and eyes once more as she slowly twisted at the heels.

steve quickly scooped her up, taking her to the downstairs bedroom where she normally slept when she'd spend the night. he sat the regressed girl down, going through the dresser drawers until he found what he thought robin would need for tonight.

"okay, sweet girl. let's get you out of those clothes and into something warm and cozy." steve motioned for robin to put her arms up, quickly stripping her of her hoodie and sweats.

she shivered as steve quickly pulled the warm, fuzzy onesie over her head. she hummed contently, nuzzling her cheek against the sleeve as steve clipped a pacifier to the collar of her onesie.

"stevie?" she hummed, looking up at him with big, sad eyes. "can i have lilian the lizard please?" she smiled just for a second as she waited for steve to answer her, rocking back and forth a little in anticipation of her favorite stuffed lizard being handed to her.

"do you want her to match you tonight, hm?" steve asked, referring to their collection of baby clothes that match robin's little clothes. she always wants lilian to match her, no matter the occasion.

"mhm!" robin clapped her hands, crawling off the bed and going to the small bins in the corner. one filled with toys and stuffies, the other filled with the clothes for lilian.

she quickly retrieved lilian and began digging through the bin of clothes, trying to find one that matched her. she looked down at her onesie, than began digging once more until she found a pretty yellow one that matched her sunflower onesie.

she squeaked in triumph, quickly dressing her lizard and jumping up to show steve. "stevie, look!" she giggled, waving the lizard in steve's face as he scooped her up once again.

"i hear that tummy grumbling. snack time, little missy." steve patted her back, sitting her on the counter and taking a bowl from the cabinet above the stove.

he made quick work of cutting up bananas and grapes for robin, handing her the plate and watching her run off to the living room to rewatch care bears for the hundredth time.

steve slowly followed behind his beloved best friend, taking a seat beside her on the couch and gently playing with her messy waves. "i love you, baby bird." steve cooed, planting a (platonic!) kiss on robin's forehead and pulling her close.

"mmm, loves you too 'tevie." robin mumbled, snuggling her lizard to her chest as she watched her movie and listened to the sound of steve's heartbeat against her ears. she hadn't felt so loved in so long, she was so lucky to have steve as her best friend.

i hope this was okay!! idk why wattpad won't let me tag u>:(