Introduction

We know why you're here

We know why you're here. You yearn to tell a story. But that's not the whole truth. You yearn to tell an excellent story. And excellent storytellers get that way because they write like their happiness depends on it. They also know that working with a mentor who has traveled the path before them can put extra fuel in their tank.

👉 See our Writers Portfolio for ongoing resources, like tips on the craft of writing and author branding.

The Bootcamp Mentors program was designed to help Wattpad writers improve their craft, catering especially to writers who have a story they want to submit to The Wattys. Entering a writing contest is a big step for many. It can feel scary facing such daunting competition. The team at Bootcamp Mentors understand this. It's why we designed this program, to provide Wattys writers with advice and support, and hopefully build their confidence and skills along the way. 

👉 You will find a whole chapter about Working the Wattys in our Profile Guide, as well as information about the Bootcamp Mentors program.

Annually, from March through April, the team at Bootcamp Mentors host workshops with hands-on feedback for each participant, as well as Q&As with former bootcamp mentees. This is followed by our version of Pitch Wars in May. Mentors and mentees are matched up, and the writing mentorship begins, lasting until the date of The Wattys submission deadline. 

If you have found us during the 'off season', we encourage you to utilize these chapters as motivation to continue writing and to keep the conversation going.

Are you writing a story for next year's Wattys? This is where the party's at!!