Chapter Forty-Nine

Visitor

I was standing in front of the mirror..again. I was wearing soft boy shorts with a long sleeve shirt. He said he wanted me to be comfortable.. and he was dressed comfortably.

I pulled my hair out of its bun and brushed it quickly, freezing mid brush. There was a knock at the front door. I could hear muffled speaking. Curse these places for having somewhat vampire sound proof walls.

I crept to the bedroom door, pressing my ear against it. There was somebody here!!!!

My mind raced as they approached my bedroom door. There was a soft knock and I backed up. Salem wouldn't have let a stranger in here.

"Princess Daya? It's me, Alex" my fists clenched immediately.

I could've punched straight the door I was so mad.

I closed my eyes and took in a few deep breaths before opening the door.

"Hello?" I made sure I sounded confused as I faked a smile and walked past him into the living room.

I made sure to shut the door behind me. I didn't need him somehow sensing anything that had just happened. I made my way to the kitchen counter to make a cup of tea.

"I heard you were taking a little vacation. The kingdom I'm from is only 30ish minutes away. I thought I'd surprise you." He was beaming. Of course he thought he'd surprise me.

I jumped slightly when Salem appeared at my side, taking the cup from my hands he began fixing the tea himself. I didn't protest. I rest my clenched fists on the kitchen island counter.

"How nice" I replied dryly and he frowned a little.

"I understand it being unexpected it might be rude..your guard tried to turn me away. He said you were asleep." He shot a nasty look in Salem's direction. My anger only grew.

"Yes I was getting ready for bed. Now I am fully awake." I spoke pointedly.

"I was expecting no visitors so naturally he would turn you away." I defended Salem who was silently moving around the kitchen.

"Well I know the area so well, I'd be a great tour guide." He smiled again and I sighed.

Maybe dad purposefully chose this location because he knew it was close to Alex's home. I would definitely be bringing that up.

"Not to be rude, or uninviting, this is my getaway. I am really looking forward to spending time to myself." I tried to smile politely and he glanced at Salem.

"You're not really by yourself when you have a guard. Why don't you send him home and I can accompany you?" So he was going to be pushy.
My knuckles were white now I was clenching them so tightly. Be nice Daya be nice.

"I think what the Princess is trying -" Salem began speaking and Alex held a hand up, glaring.

"You don't speak for her. You certainly shouldn't be speaking out of turn." he snapped angrily at Salem.

"With all due respect Alex, you should go home. Intrusions like this put me in a bad mood." I finished with another fake smile. He nodded slowly, eyes going to Salem.

"You should remember your place, guard. Instead of looking so smug all the time." I looked over at Salem. He handed me a cup of tea and leaned back against the counter. His face was blank. Not a hint of smugness.

"Thank you for the advice. Some advice in return, you should remember your place with her. You're not entitled to her time. You're still trying to earn it" he spoke carelessly. Alex's glare somehow got nastier. He said goodbye, apologizing to me again.

I waited until his car actually left before growling to myself.

Salem stayed silent, watching me walk back to the kitchen island. I sighed, plopping my elbows down and resting my head in my hands.

"So annoying" I grumbled irritably. Salem slid the cup of tea to me.

"He's not very..." he trailed off and I raised an eyebrow.

"He's not very aware of others, is he?" He laughed quietly and I nodded.

"Absolutely not. Learn how to read a room, right?" I laughed quietly, straightening up.

"I would love to go through life so oblivious" I sighed, drinking the rest of the tea. I set it in the sink and looked over a Salem as he leaned back against the counter. He gazed down at me and my heart began thumping again.

"Thank you" I muttered quietly. He raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"Thank you for not being pushy with me. You don't push me in any direction really, unless the situation actually calls for it. You don't treat me like you're just here to guard me. You treat me like a friend" I rushed my words out. I kicked myself again for my hesitation on being blunt with my feelings.

"Thanks for never following through with firing me" he smiled at me and I giggled.

"I did try that quite often didn't I?" I shook my head to myself. I truly was ridiculous sometimes. I didn't know that I would need Salem in my life like this. I was glad he was here. I stepped closer to him, working up my courage.

"I do believe we had plans" I spoke slowly, trying to give a seductive look. I knew I looked ridiculous. He reached over, touching my face lightly.

"And here I thought you'd have forgotten because of the interruption" he spoke quietly and I shook my head quickly.

"If you've changed your mind w-" my sentence was cut off by his lips on mine. I gasped, leaning into him. My body relaxed. I didn't even realize I was tensed up since Alex had arrived.

I grabbed his face eagerly. This kiss somehow felt even more passionate than the ones before. He ran a hand into my hair and the other arm wrapped around my waist, pulling me into him even closer. The butterflies might just burst from me when our tongues met. His hands found their way to my lower back, lingering there for a moment. I bit his bottom lip gently and he growled lightly, grabbing my ass. I gasped and instinctively hopped, wrapping my legs around him. He held on to me tightly, never once breaking our kiss. My body felt like it was on fire.

I grabbed his hair roughly and he began walking, keeping his hold on me. He began trailing kisses down my jawline to my neck. His breath on my skin gave me goosebumps. I didn't even notice we were in my bedroom now until he set me on the edge of the bed, he trailed his tongue down my neck and I moaned quietly. This new feeling definitely did things. He gently grabbed my face, turning my head to expose my neck even more he sucked on the skin and my moan got louder.

He kissed his way back to my lips, lingering there as I took in a sharp breath. My senses were overloaded.

"You're sure?" He asked quietly, leaning back a little we gazed at each other.

"I have never doubted if I want to for a second" I whispered, cheeks heating up. This was happening.

"And you don't ovulate, right?" He asked suddenly and my eyes widened slightly. I hadn't even thought to have that conversation. I shook my head. Ovulation for vampires was insanely different from humans or werewolves. I understood that humans got 'periods' and ovulated once a month. That was so strange to me. We didn't ovulate unless we were 'mated'. When you have a mate, and you drink each other's blood, there is a specific chemical you exchange with each other. It's like a fingerprint. Unique to every individual. That chemical encourages ovulation, but it won't happen unless you want it to. We had the ability to activate that chemical ourselves when we were ready to have children. Those that don't have mates have the option of taking a pill that will start ovulation. We live for so long that releasing an egg every month would be such a waste.

Having babies for a vampire was foolproof. We had no issues getting pregnant. It made me feel for humans and werewolves on that aspect.

"If you want to stop at any point, just say the word." He spoke gently and I nodded.

"You too" I whispered and he smirked, shaking his head.

"I definitely don't think that's going to be an issue for me." His voice was low again, his eyes darkened slightly with lust. I took in a sharp breath when he leaned forward, kissing me again.

It would definitely not be an issue for me either.