22nd & 23rd of December

AN ~ This is a 3 part Christmas story, with characters from 'Together is my Favourite Place to be." You don't need to have read it to enjoy it as this all happens before the main story begins. Christmas is my favourite time of year and I love family fluff so... get ready for a lot of that! There is a small amount of Smut but not loads. I hope you enjoy it! The 3 parts will be published on the 1st, 9th and 15th of December. Merry Christmas Everyone 🎄🎅🏽 ❤️

-

"Savannah, baby, we're going to be late!" Andy yelled up the stairs to her 3 year old. "Come and get your shoes and coat on! It's raining!"

Andy could hear laughter coming from her daughter, suspecting her husband was probably tickling her or throwing her around on their bed like they did most mornings.

"Go on Princess, before Mummy explodes." He said through a giggle.

"Daddy, you me school." She said in her broken little toddler language.

"Daddy can't take you today, I have to run a few errands before I join Mummy at work." He explained, as he got out of bed and held his hands out to her. "But I'll carry you to the car if you want?"

She nodded and jumped from the bed in to his arms, he began walking to the door when he heard Andy yelling again.

"Robert, will you stop teasing her, we need to go!"

"We're coming, we're coming!" He said as they made their way downstairs. "Hold your horses!"

"I thought you were staying in bed?" She asked, tilting her head and putting her hands on her hips in defeat. "You're supposed to be resting."

"This little one had other ideas!" He laughed, gesturing to his daughter as he grabbed her shoes and coat, slipped on some shoes himself and ran to the car.

"Of course she did" Andy chuckled to herself, rolling her eyes whilst she picked up Savannah's bag and headed out the door. Ever since she found out she was pregnant again, she'd felt herself becoming a little more snappy and it meant that Savannah was favouring Robert over her these days, something that did make her a little sad, but she understood.

Savannah only had one day of nursery left before Christmas, so Robert had worked 3 double shifts to ensure he could be home with her from tomorrow. No one at the station knew that Robert was Andy's husband, let alone that they had a daughter, so they had to plan their shifts and childcare very carefully. The only person in the department that knew about them, was Chief Ripley. To Savannah, he was her Uncle Luke, and to Robert and Andy, their best friend.

Both Andy and Robert worked at Station 19, she was Captain and he was the Battalion Chief. His office was situated at 19 due to its central location within the department, which coincidentally worked out really well for them. Andy's best friends were Victoria Hughes who was a fellow firefighter and Ryan Tanner, an officer within the Seattle Police Department that she'd grown up with. Christmas was Andy's favourite season, and Robert usually went all out on presents and decorations. But this year, time seemed to have gotten away from him and the house decorations had been neglected. He'd had the idea to surprise Andy with a tree, decorated with Savannah tomorrow, but he needed to run to the store for some new festive bits and bobs first.

Andy dropped her daughter off at nursery and made her way to the station for her last 48hr shift before Christmas. She hadn't told anyone, not even the Chief, that she was pregnant. They had decided together that they would wait until their 12 week scan before telling anyone, which they had booked for the 23rd, right after Andy's shift.

The station was full of love and laughter today, Andy walked in to the beanery to be met by boxes of decorations that Vic was planning on using to throw their annual Christmas lunch. It was always held a few days before Christmas whilst on shift to allow everyone to attend without neglecting their own families. Santa hats were being thrown around, vintage tablecloths being made in to dresses by the guys and tangled fairy lights were strewn across the table.