(06)

[ Content Warnings: n/a ]

'You really think sunglasses will be enough?' Juliette asked

'You really think sunglasses will be enough?' Juliette asked. They were in the middle of folding Nick's laundry, which Briar thought was the perfect time to have this conversation.

'Monroe said they would work.' Nick replied. 'After all they didn't see me as a grimm when I tried them on.'

'Well, if the wedding's at night won't you look a little strange?'

'What if you trip over, and they fall off?' Briar questioned, throwing a pair of socks at Nick's head. The socks bounced off, so he bent down and placed them onto the pile in his hands.

'Really?'

'I'm just trying to have a little fun.' Briar said, smiling.

'Well, maybe don't do it with my favourite socks.'

Juliette laughed at them quietly as she walked past the two of them into the bathroom, towels in her hands. Nick placed the last sock into the drawer, and moved onto the next one. He then paused.

'What is it?'

Instead of a verbal answer Nick moved so that both of his partners could see the ring.

'It's still there.' Juliette breathed.

'Yeah, still here.'

'Well,' Juliette said, closing the ring box. 'When the time is right we'll both know where to find it. We only need one wedding to worry about right now. Particularly if you have to whack a few guests.'

Juliette then took him by the hand and led him to the bed.

++

Juliette's joyful screams of proposal acceptance echoed up the stairs and Briar stepped off the bed and walked towards the stairs, placing their arms on the staircase and looking down at them.

(When they'd talked about it with Nick, they'd wanted to give them their space, which he had thought was a little odd, but eventually after a short debate he'd reluctantly agreed.)