The accident

POV. Lillian

The sirens are blaring in my head distracting me from the pain coming from my left arm.

I was in a car accident! It's slowly coming back to me.
One second my dad was driving yelling like a crazy man being mad about something I don't even know anymore and the next the car is wrapped around a tree.

I'm slowly opening my eyes. I'm inside an ambulance.
The paramedic is standing over me.
„Hey there! You're awake!" he says.
I struggle trying to get up. This can't be happening.
„No sweety lay back! You've been in an accident but we're gonna help you alright?" the woman says gently pushing me back down.
I nod and relax my body laying back on the gurney.

We get to the hospital and they push me inside.
„15 year old female, car accident. No signs of internal damage but the arm and maybe some ribs most likely broken." The paramedics woman shouts as the emergency department door opens.
"Alright I've got it from here thank you." A doctor says taking over my gurney.
They roll me into a room and onto another gurney.
Then the parametric leaves taking the old gurney with her.
"Hey there! My name is doctor Lagos and I'm gonna take a look at your injuries if that's alright. Can you tell me what your name is?" he ask starting to press down on my arm to examine it.
„My name is Lillian." I say in pain from his examination.
„Okay Lillian, I think your arm and maybe one or even two of your ribs are broken. I would like to get an x-ray for that. I am going to need your guardians consent for that. Could you tell me their name so that I can get ahold of them?" he asks me.
„My dad was in the accident too! Where is he? Didn't they bring him in?" I ask confused.
„No they didn't bring anyone else in. Was he the driver of the car?" he asks further.
„Yes! Where is he?" I panic.
„Let me find out for you alright? I'll be right back." he says and leaves the room.

After about five minutes of waiting he walks back in.
„Lillian I am so sorry to tell you this. But they didn't bring your father in because he was no longer alive on sight. I am so sorry." he says.

He is dead?
My father is dead?

My mouth falls open in disbelief.
I mean he was a horrible man and father but I never wished him dead.
There are no tears, no sobs, just shock.

„Sweetheart I'm so sorry to have to asks you this now. But do you by any chance have your mothers name?"  he ask putting a hand on my shoulder.

My mom left at birth. At least that is what my father used to tell me. They were young and she didn't want anything to do with me so she left. I know her name because my dad would never shut up about how she ruined his life with me. But I never wanted to meet her.

„Kelly piquet. My moms name is Kelly piquet."
„Thank you. Again I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm going to try and contact your mother and then I'll update you further." he says and the leaves pulling the slide door shut on his way out.

My father is dead and I'm about to meet my mother for the first time.