𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞:

I opened my eyes slightly, a breeze flowing from the window, I turned checking my alarm. It was 7:30 am on a Saturday. I sat up rubbing the tiredness out of my eyes. I felt empty. My heart had split in two and the only thing keeping my together was him. Conrad. Susannah had died 4 weeks ago, and I couldn't bare to get out of bed. I was reliving my worst nightmare. When it came to grief, my mother had told me, it would hit me the hardest. I was and always will be any emotional girl. Susannah used to tell me I was like an empath. Of course 8 year old me didn't know what that was, but from that day forward, when ever I talked about feelings with someone something about me being an empath would always find it's way out of my mouth in into the air. I tore the feathery white comforter off of my legs and slipped my feet into my bunny slippers.

Time for a new day.

I hate winter because it reminds me of you. Every time my eyes don't get to see your figure. When my hand can't graze your perfectly tan, smooth skin. When you ignore my calls because your lips are on someone else's.

 I love winter, because you're here with me now. I love winter because I can look at you for hours.  I can run my fingers through your hair. I can see your smile. I can lay with you in our bed and talk to you. I love winter, because you have your lips on mine.