Chapter 5

One fear-inducing sprint later, Papyrus and Frisk were back at the house.

Frisk had hoped that having his arms filled with groceries would make Papyrus run slower. It didn't. If anything, it was scarier since Frisk was the one who had to keep his arms and legs wrapped around Papyrus' body without any support. He was still shaking when the skeleton stopped and unlocked the door.

"Here, we are, human," Papyrus said walking through the door and kicking it shut behind him. "Home sweet home."

Papyrus walked into the kitchen and put the groceries on the table while Frisk continued to keep up his grip.

"Frisk, you can let go now," Papyrus said. "We're home."

Frisk slowly slid down Papyrus' body while the latter tried to remember what they had to get home so quickly for. Frisk then walked into the other room and laid down on the carpet while trying to catch his breath.

"Oh, no," Papyrus said running to the stove. "Your food…is fine. The water didn't burn. Thank God! Now, I can put spaghetti in it."

Papyrus picked up a handful of spaghetti noodles and dumped them in the boiling water while Frisk continued hyperventilating on the ground. Laying in the carpet was nice. It made him remember laying on the ground with Napstablook.

"Okay, Frisk," Papyrus said walking over to where Frisk was. "Now, we only have one more errand to run. Come on. Get up!"

Papyrus reached out his hand towards him, and reluctantly, Frisk gave him his hand and allowed him to pull him up. Then, with his hand still firmly gripping Frisk's, Papyrus walked out the front door with Frisk in tow.

Much to his relief, Frisk was allowed to walk this time. He stretched his legs and looked around while recovering from his dizziness. Papyrus walked quickly until they reached their destination, the library.

"Here, we are, Frisk," Papyrus said opening the door and pulling him in behind him. "Welcome to the town library!"

After they entered the front door, Papyrus let go of Frisk's hand.

"I have to go look for a book, human," Papyrus said. "You can look for one too if you want. I have a library card. I'll let you know when I'm done. Don't wander off or I will find you. Nyeh heh heh!"

Papyrus turned away to search for his book on one of the library's few bookshelves in the back.

Frisk looked back at the door. He could run, but Papyrus was too quick. He would catch him before he got too far. Even if he didn't, Flowey could. It was pointless.

Frisk turned back around and walked to the bookshelves. His life now was to be carted around by a relentlessly upbeat skeleton, so he might as well try to find something to make it more bearable.

Frisk walked to the books and looked for a title that peaked his interest. He had a flashback to his life on the surface and the libraries he saw there. He liked the libraries. He always did. They were always peaceful and comforting places to him. It felt forever ago now, but it still made him smile for a second.

Frisk finally found a book, picked it off the shelf, and sat in a chair at one of the few tables. The monsters there flashed friendly smiles before continuing what sounded like a newspaper staff meeting. Frisk flipped opened the book and started reading something interesting. He read a part about death rituals for monsters, more specifically something about sprinkling their remains on whatever they loved in life…

"Frisk, I found my book," Papyrus said making Frisk look up from his reading. "Oh, I see you found one, too. Good work. Well, come on. Let's go!"

Frisk quickly climbed out of his chair and followed Papyrus to the front desk. Papyrus turned around snatched the book from Frisk's hands and passed it to the librarian.