Snowstorm

You slip on some ice, you put your arms in front of you to protect your face, your arms and chest slam onto the ground. The pain of the fall and cold keep you down on the ground. With your mouth and nostrils stinging from the freezing cold invading your body, you let out a raspy;

-H-help!...

Followed by nothing but the sound of the storm, unfortunate how you got so drunk at the party. You really didn't want anyone knowing you had been there, so you decided to walk home. Getting lost in the snowy abys during a snowstorm like an idiot.

You laid in the snow that continued to pile around you, tears starting to well up in in your eyes as they stung from the cold. Your body, tense and still trying to fight of the cold, now slack and helpless.

-Help...h-help...pl-please...

You begged into the night, the storm drowning out your pathetic voice as you cried for help. Limbs aching with the cold continuing to invade your body, heavily breathing as your body needed air, the cold that followed painfully writhing into your lungs.

With an odd surge of energy, you staggered onto your knees, feeling the awful ache that came with moving. You let out a shaky breath as you get up on your shaky legs. You slowly stagger forward in a direction you believe might save you, hearing nothing but the wind and how your feet thumped on the ground.

But then... Voices, noise! You stumble forward faster, hopeful and wishing for a warm soft bed. You wanted it, you needed it.

-Agh!...ngh...

Falling face forward into the soft and cold snow. You were moving too fast; your foot had gotten caught on a tree root and brought you down to its level.

Some of the snow melting on your face, dripping down and mixing with your tears as you cried. Your limbs had started feeling numb, your torso still responded to the pain of being frozen but your limbs were numb. Your nerves had started dying.

Everything felt dry apart from your tears. But soon you couldn't even cry anymore, you didn't feel anything anymore. You closed your eyes.

Never to open them ever again.